1867 Remington .58 caliber

Discussion in 'The Ask the Pros & What's It Worth? Forum' started by DJoneHURT, Jul 11, 2012.

1. DJoneHURT

DJoneHURT New Member

A friend of mine at work was wondering if I could help him figure out about how much his guns were worth, so he brought me some information today..

The first is a Remington 1867 .58 caliber

the second says "Jukar" "Spain" and "0032056"

I understand that this is some broad information, and if further info is needed I can get it, but please let me know.

Any help is appreciated.
  2. jack404

jack404 Former Guest

Jukar spain lots of models none valuable will need pic's to sort

the rem Pic's and condition will tell , for now it could be a parts only gun worth $100

it could be worth a couple grand or more

but without decent pics , its hard to say

sorry ..
  3. Hammerslagger

Hammerslagger New Member

Ditto the pics; but pics of both the whole gun and interesting details like clear close-ups of markings, etc. It is usually better to photo in North sky daylight in the Northern Hemisphere and use no flash.
  4. Hawg

Hawg Active Member

The 1867 Remington is a muzzle loader converted to a rolling block. It should either be a .58 rimfire or a .58 centerfire. The centerfire will be worth more but condition means everything.
  5. Jim K

Jim K New Member

Maybe I am mistaken, but AFAIK the Model 1867 Remingtons (there were two models, a Navy contract carbine and a cadet rifle, as well as a Navy pistol) were all made as cartridge rolling blocks, not conversions, and all in .50 CF. There were some conversions, but they are pretty rare. (Unlike most conversions, the Remington conversions pretty much scrapped the original rifle muskets, keeping only the stock, which was cut in two, and the barrel. The rest was replaced by the rolling block action.)

The Jukar is a modern gun, not really a repro or a replica, just a new-made gun.

Jim