1. Get Gear'd Up! Enter to WIN $1000 in gear!

Please Click Here for full details and to enter. You will need to be registered and logged in to view the details and to participate.

Thanks and good luck to everyone

1895 Nagant Revolver

Discussion in 'The Ask the Pros & What's It Worth? Forum' started by CountryGunsmith, Feb 26, 2003.

1. CountryGunsmith

CountryGunsmith New Member

gamehunter3
    (7/20/02 2:09:18 pm)
    Reply | Edit | Del All nagant revolver
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    When I was on vacation in Philly in May I bought a nagant revolver. I seems to be a lot different than the ones you see around. It says nagant 7.62 calibre, but it has the leige marking on it. plus a F with a star above it and an F with a crown above it. The only numbers is 98 stamped on almost every piece of it. The gun is silver with wood grips. The cylinder is longer and it is a 7 shot. The gun shop sold it to me as a pre 1898. I pay $150. for it I would like to know more about this gun and what it is worth. it is in very nice shape. I heard somewhere this type was a officers revolver and it is a double action where as the other nagants that you see around alot
    were the troops revolver.

Thanks Jerry in Florida

The LawII
    V.I.P. Member
    (7/20/02 2:45:59 pm)
    Reply | Edit | Del Tried to find it...
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Tried looking in the Standard Catalog of Military Firearms, the only variant they show is for the KGB model with the 3.5" barrel instead of the 4.35" barrel like mine. A KGB model I missed on auction it went for just over $500.00. If yours has not been arsenal refinished it's at the very least worth double what you paid for it. BTW What is the barrel length?

gamehunter3
    (7/21/02 7:57:37 am)
    Reply | Edit | Del Nagant Revolver
    The barrel is 3.5 inches long and the gun has no import marks.

Jerry in Florida

The LawII
    V.I.P. Member
    (7/21/02 11:24:07 am)
    Reply | Edit | Del Hey Jerry!!!
    You have a varient of the KGB, can you flip it over on the other side and take a snapshot. It should have the i.d. and a stamp or no stamp on it.
    This is what the catalog says;

MODEL 1895 Nagant (KGB)

This is a standard Nagant with the important exception of a 3.5" barrel and shorter grip frame. Used by the Russian secret police during the Stalin years. Extremely rare. Proceed with caution.(assuming there may be fakes)
    Exc.=2000.00
    V.G.=1500.00
    GOOD=1000.00

gamehunter3
    (7/21/02 1:00:13 pm)
    Reply | Edit | Del nagant revolver
    There is no stamp on the otherside. it only says:
    NAGANT
    cartridge
    calibre
    just above the left grip. on the rightside of the frame there is a F with a star above it and out on the barrel there is another F with a star above it and next to that is a R with a small object above it. It has the number 98 the frame, cylinder, trigger, the rod under the barrel and the loading gate and probably a few other places too. No serial number. I have only seen one other one like this and it was on gunbroker about 6 to 8 months ago.

Jerry in Florida

The LawII
    V.I.P. Member
    (7/21/02 1:07:35 pm)
    Reply | Edit | Del KGB Nagant
    Jerry that one you saw on GB was the same one I was bidding on. It had been re-arsenaled but sold at a good price. I may still have a picture of it in my auction watchlist archives...I'll look. BTW with no other markings I think you could at least double your money. at Gunboards.com the have a section dedicated to the 1895 nagant. I think though you ought to hang on to it...

Smokin Guns
    V.I.P. Member
    (9/2/02 2:44:47 pm)
    Reply | Edit | Del Nagant...
    Jerry in Florida, Did you ever get the Nagant Pistol identified?

gamehunter3
    (9/2/02 3:40:19 pm)
    Reply | Edit | Del nagant
    Not really. I had one guy said it was a pre 1895, pre gas cylinder (before the cylinders moved ahead when fired, Prevete Nagant. I saw a Prevete Nagant and it looked like all the others but not like this one.I would be grateful for any help.

Thanks Jerry in Florida

Smokin Guns
    V.I.P. Member
    (9/2/02 6:42:39 pm)
    Reply | Edit | Del Nagant...
    Jerry, If you can e-mail me your e-mail address at doug_lebel@yahoo.com,I'll reply with my real e-mail address. Then send me a Pic and I'll see what I can find out! Doug