1. Get Gear'd Up! Enter to WIN $1000 in gear!

Please Click Here for full details and to enter. You will need to be registered and logged in to view the details and to participate.

Thanks and good luck to everyone

1895G

Discussion in 'Large-Bore/Small-Bore Rifle/Shotgun' started by warpig, Feb 24, 2003.

1. warpig

warpig Guest

wbowens1
    (2/14/03 6:49:21 pm)
    Reply | Edit | Del All 1895G
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Hi folks

Just picked up an 1895G with ported barrel and Ashley Ghost Ring sights. How will this compare to the 1895 I owned back in the mid 1970's?

Bill

cointoss 2
    *TFF Staff*
    (2/14/03 8:57:06 pm)
    Reply | Edit | Del Re: 1895G
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Welcome sir and let me tell you just the little I know and I am sure you have already deduced the following. Well, it will be louder and bystanders will not be there for the next shot due to the blast. Seriously, you really will find no worse accuracy and a few feet per second in bullet speed loss, but that will be offset in weight and carrying capabilities. Welcome again to our humble home, the resident expert on the Marlins here goes by the handle of Kdub and he has forgot more than most will ever know on the Marlins.
    cointoss2

kdub01
    *TFF Senior Staff*
    (2/14/03 9:27:09 pm)
    No, No, No - Ct

Where it concerns the GuideGun, we gotta get WyoSwede in here - HE is the resident expert on the GG.

If you are really interested in info on the Marlin, you can go to:www.marlinfirearms.com and find just about anything you ever cared to know about them, plus join the discussions on the various boards. Good people and good info.
    "Keep Off The Ridgeline"

the real fredneck
    V.I.P. Member
    (2/15/03 11:45:32 am)
    you've got a really good gun with the necessary upgrades the factory sights on the 1895G are next to worthless and if you cast your own slugs it's cheap to shoot too

LIKTOSHOOT
    *TFF Senior Staff*
    (2/15/03 2:42:02 pm)
    Experienced here....45/70???? DO NOT SHOOT NEXT TO CARS/TRUCKS/HOUSES(glass will be removed-toot-sweet), and make sure all tree limbs are live above you......ear plugs required!!!! NBS!!!!

LTS