The Firearms Forum banner

1902 Marlin 1892--Value?

2K views 3 replies 3 participants last post by  Mikebiker 
#1 · (Edited)
So. A guy I work with knows I fix guns, and asked me to fix a couple of his up for him. One of them is a Marlin 1892 that according to the manf. date check (http://oldguns.net/sn_php/marlinlookup.php) was manufactured in 1902. This thing is rough. The butt stock has a piece missing and the forearm is split from front to rear. It also looks like someone clamped the receiver in a vice and took a pipe wrench to the barrel. And I haven't even checked the bore yet. Needless to say she's in pretty rough shape. I guess, before I start trying to fix this poor sad rifle does anyone know where I can go to research the value before I put more into this then it will ever be worth? I know that the value is subjective and if he decides that it has enough sentimental value then he may be willing to put the money into it, but I would like to be able to present him with some numbers to consider. It appears to be a .32 caliber. From what I have found the 1892 came in either 22 or 32, and by changing the firing pin it could shoot either rim fire of center fire. Just noticed that the ejector is missing also.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.