The Firearms Forum banner

1908 Colt SAA

1K views 3 replies 3 participants last post by  JUNKKING 
#1 ·
I have been asked to price this gun for a friend. It was owned by a local sheriff that was elected in 1908 and again in 1910. He bought is right after the election. Chambered in .41 COLT. A serial number of 307***. Also has 2+ boxes of factory ammo. Will have a colt letter and transfer history as well as any history from the sheriff.

Attachments

See less See more
#3 ·
Not me. The guys who really know values here are very overworked. Jim K, in particular has not posted for a week or more.

Plus - and no offence meant - would you try to give a useful value on a gun with just one photo? People really need clear photos of both sides and some of the stamped lettering to tell if the gun has been refinished or not, which makes a BIG difference.

One thing I can tell you is that if your gun is as nice as looks, it is probably because it is in 41 Colt. AFAIK, 41 Colt was losing popularity fast by 1914, and was pretty much dead by 1945. That means your gun didn't get shot nearly as much as if it had been 45 Colt. You are lucky it missed being converted to 45 Colt during the fast-draw fad of the 1950's.

I know there is a Colt-specific internet forum out there somewhere, although I don't know its name. You would probably have better luck there, but they will need more photos too.

It looks like a good gun with a good story, so it should attract some interest!

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.