1910 Browning short 9mm

Discussion in 'The Ask the Pros & What's It Worth? Forum' started by msorrel, Jul 24, 2012.

1. msorrel

msorrel New Member

I would like to know how much this 1910 Browning 9mm would be worth and what year it was made please. Serial number is 525883.

I bought it for my husband as a birthday gift for tomorrow and i would like to get some more info on it please

Thank you in advance.

Marcella
  2. Lanrezac

Lanrezac Active Member

Marcella, I would like to help you, but all my books are packed away at this time. Also, no one can tell you what the gun is worth without seeing it, at least in pictures - condition, finish, and markings can matter a great deal. There is a "sticky" post at the top of this forum about how to post pictures - it's not very difficult if you have a digital camera.

BTW, if you are in the United States, the ammunition that gun uses is better known as "380 Automatic" or "380 ACP."

HTH!
  3. Remington 51

Remington 51 New Member

One of the 20th Century's classic pocket pistols, made in .380 (or 9mm short) or in .32 ACP. Thin, small and "pocketable". Well designed and well built. All steel and no plastic. Easy to shoot well enough despite its dimunitive sights.

Date of manufacture is 1965, according to Browning:

http://www.browning.com/customerservice/dategun/detail.asp?id=37

This gun was also known as the 1955 Browning, depending on when it was made. These were no longer imported after the Gun Control Act of 1968.

Go here to read some very general info about it:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/FN_Model_1910

Value, like a car, or anything else, depends entirely on condition. The range is somewhere $250-$450 or so for used, depending on how used. More if it is really, really pristine.

If you want to post some good, clear photos of both sides minimum, a better assessment of value might be possible.
    Last edited: Jul 24, 2012