1911 A1 Springfield/Is the way to go!

Discussion in 'The 1911 Forum' started by ysacres, Mar 8, 2003.

1. ysacres

ysacres Well-Known Member

DudleyOutlaw
    (1/7/03 4:11:38 pm)
    Reply 1911 A1 Springfield/Is the way to go !
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    I just wanted to say I have a Springfeild armory V-12 and for dollar for dollar you can't beat a Springfeild the best shooting 1911 Ive ever shot even out shot my buddies Kimber

Dague
    (1/7/03 7:42:33 pm)
    Reply ohh man..
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    ohhh man...dont ever talk bad about a KIMBER around any gun person, they will chew you out. trust me.... i know

Xracer
    *TFF Senior Staff*
    (1/8/03 9:38:06 am)
    Reply Re: ohh man..
    Hi Dudley....welcome to TFF.

Glad you like your Springfield.....it's a fine gun, but so is Kimber, Wilson, Colt, Baer, Systema 27s, and many others.

Some like Fords....some like Chevvys. That's what makes the world go 'round.

boomatic
    V.I.P. Member
    (1/8/03 1:20:59 pm)
    Re: ohh man..
    And some of us like 'em all...

mostly. I would skip the RI Armory, Daly, Llama, etc,

Okay, so maybe I don't like them all...but I do like a lot of 'em!!!!!

2003 Rose Bowl Champions!!!!
    Boom-a-tic
    *Ne'er-Do-Well Wannabe Junior Non-Staff Moderator of the Test Forum*

DudleyOutlaw
    (1/8/03 2:19:35 pm)
    Reply No harm meant! (LoL)
    Yeah, I wasn't putting down Kimber! I was just giving my opion on the Springfeild 1911 A1. I've had really good luck and service from the Springfeild Co.

Dague
    (1/8/03 5:42:30 pm)
    Reply LOL
    LOL i only have a springfield, and the gun people at ranges would have KIMBERS and would say how springfields are onthe low end of the 1911's.

Xracer
    *TFF Senior Staff*
    (1/9/03 9:15:53 am)
    Reply Re: LOL
    Of the moderately priced non-Colt 1911s, I'd rank SA and Kimber about equal.

I'd say they're just raggin' on ya.

mpprr
    (1/9/03 6:06:52 pm)
    Reply Re: Springfield 1911A1s
    I shoot and carry a Kimber but have owned a Springfield Mil-Spec and would gladly buy another one. I want a second five-inch 1911 and the Mil-Spec is definitely one "on my list."

My one and only issue with my Mil-Spec was that the front sight seemed to consistently pull a nice wad of leather out with it when I drew from the holster...I blamed the gun until I learned of the "miracle" of sight tracks that most quality holsters seem to have now LOL...my Mil-Spec experience was back in '96 and I was using a really crappy holster! Oh, well, live and learn...

I remember emailing Springfield in '96 to tell them how awesome I thought my new purchase was...they sent me back a thank-you note AND a free t-shirt!

bulm540
    (1/9/03 7:49:02 pm)
    some 1911 shots better then the other, but not by brands or makes, i have a standard springfield 1911 that shoots better than my springfield v12, depends on your skills and ammo and how well you know your gun

magnum74
    (1/10/03 1:15:34 am)
    I wish I could afford a Springfield or Kimber...

berto64
    V.I.P. Member
    (1/11/03 2:35:14 pm)
    Re: Springfield 1911A1s
    My Springfield LW is great.
    Arthritus in my hands is getting worse every winter so I broke down and got the LW a coupla years back and Love it.

berto

Endeaver to Persevere