1911 bare frame for California???

Discussion in 'The 1911 Forum' started by LDBennett, Mar 26, 2006.

1. LDBennett

LDBennett Well-Known Member

Anyone in California successfully bought a bare frame for a 1911?

I want to build a frame for use with my Marvel Precision 22 Conversion (free up my Delta Elite frame). In California any frame has to be registered as a handgun and that requires that that particular model of handgun passed the safety testing and is on the "List" for the DOJ of CA. It is not clear to me where to buy such a frame(????). Brownells' bare frames appear not to be on the list and they can not (will not?) comment on how to buy one from them (??).

Any Californian been through this recently?

LDBennett
  2. LDBennett

For your information:

A dealer contacted the CA DOJ for me and they said no bare frame for a pistol is available to CA residents as they (the CA DOJ) would not have the opportunity to safety test such a gun. So if your 1911 (or any hand gun for that matter) eats its frame in CA you eat the cost of the gun as the frame cannot be replaced legally!

Also note that this Safety testing group of the DOJ is now dictating gun funtionality (not just the fact that any gun under test passes safety tests). All center fire hand guns now have to have a loaded chamber indicator and all 22 handguns have to have a magazine safety that will not let the gun be fired unless the magazine is inserted and seated. This is the beginning of their efforts to dictate the perfect hand gun that no manufacturer will be willing to special make for CA, thereby eliminating hand guns in CA, eventually. The anti-gunners are winning slowly but surely in CA!

Ain't CA wonderful! :( :(

LDBennett
    Last edited: Apr 19, 2006
  3. Bruce FLinch

Bruce FLinch New Member

A buddy of mine had a cracked frame on his 38 super race gun. He sent it back to the MFG, they scrapped it & gave him a new frame w/ the same s/n. It was supposedly legit, or I wouldn't post it :eek: What was his name, anyway? hmmm :confused:
  4. meandmy45s

meandmy45s New Member

The gun laws here in California are embarrassing and disgraceful. I had the same problem when I wanted to purchase a Caspian frame and slide.

Someone call the NRA, we need to put an end to this nonsense. :mad:
  5. LDBennett

Bruce FLinch:

That was one nice manufacturer! I am sure that is the way to get a frame repaired. Will other manufaturers do the same? I doubt it! It has to mess up their BATF books somehow (two frames issued with the same number????).

meandmy45s:

It is my impression that the NRA has given up on affecting the gun laws of California as they deem California too far gone, which it probably is. As time goes on the state becomes more and more liberal, which is reflected in all the anti-gun laws that get passed. There probably are not enough conservatives left in California to sway the liberal legislature to change anything for the better. The lean is towards more liberalism and more anti-gun laws not the other way. Mybe it is time to move? Wish I could!

LDBennett

LDBennett
  6. meandmy45s

meandmy45s New Member

I about done with this nonsense. I used to live in PA where they respect their citizens. Somewhere along the line, California residents took on a subserviant role to the State government. And I am getting fed up with these Hollywood clowns slamming gun owners and rights, yet they don't mind taking millions to make a movie to show the reckless use of firearms always taking a woman or child hostage.

10...9...8...You're going to you're happy place...7...6....5...all is calm...4...3...2...1...you are relaxed and at ease
  7. polishshooter

polishshooter Active Member

They need to start an "Armed Resistance Movement" inside the PRK....