1911 brass catchers?...

Discussion in 'The Ammo & Reloading Forum' started by WildcatFan, Mar 2, 2010.

1. WildcatFan

WildcatFan New Member

I've taken up reloading and am searching for a good catcher for my Springfield Loaded 1911. Any info on the best out there? I'd like one that attaches to the frame.
  2. steve4102

steve4102 Former Guest

I set up a plastic ammo box(lid open) exactly where my brass will fall. I then adjust my loads so when ejected they land right in the ammo box. I then fine tune my loads so they all end up in the ammo box right side up.:D
  3. JLA

JLA Well-Known Member

hang a sheet or tarp next to you when you shoot. The brass will hit it and roll down to the ground in a neat pile;)
  4. Texxut

Texxut Member

I've tried the type that straps on your hand, it works ok, but, it effects your point of impact. I don't use them. The hanging tarp is a good option. The tarp on the ground in the general landing zone of your brass works too but not as well.
  5. WildcatFan

WildcatFan New Member

I see these snap-on frame styles and they look pretty good. Beats some d-bag to my right sweeping it up all the time. I tell them but I've had their girlfriends or wives who think they have to sweep during daytime hours and they just happen to be at the range so they sweep up brass. Oh well, no worries, gives me an excuse to go bucket-diving for some brass if a Range Rep comes over.