1911 Clone Rimfire

Discussion in '.22-Rimfire Forum' started by Chipmunk6, Nov 7, 2009.

1. Chipmunk6

Chipmunk6 New Member

2. protosniper

protosniper New Member

I haven`t owned one personally But around here several guy`s i`ve talked to that has had them say the trigger pull was terrible over 7 pounds the key word "WAS".... they no longer own them however they did say for the price they were accurate. the Fit and finish was "ok" nothing to right home about the only other feature they liked was the threaded 1/2-28 barrel addition feature as most of my friends have Legal suppressors they can use on them, I was even thinking about one until I purchase a Walther P-22 instead.
  3. scudrunner

scudrunner New Member

SWEET!!! I have a conversion for my Beretta 92FS, works OK but this would be better! Nice price too! How do you like it????
  4. sixguncowboy

sixguncowboy New Member

I picked up a Chiappa 1911-22 a couple weeks ago at my favorite adult toy store along with a couple extra mags. It's a well made plinker for which I only paid $351 over the curb (includes 2 extra mags & sales tax ). Had a couple ftfs & a couple stovepipes with Remington bulk ammo. Same with Winchester bulk ammo. Then we (2 buddies & myself) switched to CCI MiniMag+ and ran a box of 50 through the Chiappa without a hiccup. Trigger pull at first was quite heavy. I forgot to take my trigger pull guage, but I'd guestimate 8 lbs +. There was quite a bit of creep. After about 100 rds the trigger pull, which was rough, began to smooth out & lighten up. I would guess that it will take about 500 rds to break this gun in properly.

Accuracy with all three brands of ammo to say the least was very impressive. All three of us proceeded to take the X rings out of our targets at 25 yds. shooting freehand. I can honestly say that I've never shot such an accurate inexpensive semi-auto 22 pistol. My buddies who were with me will be picking up one next week. I have since let a couple more friends shoot it & they went to the gun shop & got one too.
  5. fleetwood1976

fleetwood1976 Active Member

Just bought one saturday for $289.00 new. The cheepest conversion for my 1911 was going to be $300.00, so it made since to me to just buy an extra gun for less money. No range report yet, but it is awesome looking. My wife made me buy it for her.

P.S. I don't see the problem with being pxxxy whipped.