1911 Question

Discussion in 'The 1911 Forum' started by Woodnut, Jul 24, 2011.

1. 1911 man

1911 man New Member

I used to own a coonan arms, And it jammed constantly
  2. Woodnut

Woodnut Forum Sponsor Supporting Member

Now that's the information I have been waiting on. (not bad information, but people that have owned them and had them at the range) Thanks for that. Like I said before, the gun really has my interest, but I am afraid of problems, and you for one have already encountered some.
    I just felt like there would be a lot of bugs and fixes to be made on this gun.
  3. Woodnut

Woodnut Forum Sponsor Supporting Member

I am so glad you are starting to make grips. It is an art that is being lost to the computer age. Which is one reason I try to help people along the way. Since you are not that far away from me (2=1/2 hrs) maybe you come visit my shop and let me give you some pointers. I would be honored to have you. But for now if you want to ask questions, and I know you have a bunch, everyone does. You can call me anytime at 228 255 0822, and I will try to put you on the right track. At the present time I have 3 guys that I am helping along the way. In the past, I gave Hotsights from OK some instructions for a short while and he is building some really professional grade grips with the inlays now. I have not heard from him in a while, but if you read my post on "how to customize your 1911 grips", you can follow along from his first attempt to the last ones he posted. Quit remarkable.
    I said all that to say this. I will help you in any way I can. I really enjoy seeing people working with their hands and enjoying it as much as I do.
    Thank you so much for your interest, and don't forget you can call on my anytime. I would really appreciate it if you would email me a picture of what you have done so for, email them to cwgrips@gmail.com That way I may can see first hand the help you might need.
  4. Double D

Double D Administrator Staff Member Supporting Member

While I do consider this good info, why not elaborate a bit. You can type in ANY gun made for review and get mixed results. So, when your gun jammed constantly, were you using stock magazines? Was the feed ramp polished and free of burrs? Did it do it every time with every type of ammo or just hollow points? Did you keep the gun lubed and clean? If shooting reloads, did you measure case length? Was your ejector working properly? Did you try to resize your ejection port? Just a few things to consider before overall clasifying a gun a jamomatic.

I read many reports on taurus and others that jam all the time, but I have 4 tauruses that operate flawlessly. So, normally a gun that jams can be fixed with a little care. If the gun didnt jam, would you have liked it? Was it built well? Just curious. Thanks