1. Get Gear'd Up! Enter to WIN $1000 in gear!

Please Click Here for full details and to enter. You will need to be registered and logged in to view the details and to participate.

Thanks and good luck to everyone

1911 scope mount questions.....

Discussion in 'The 1911 Forum' started by ysacres, Mar 8, 2003.

1. ysacres

ysacres Well-Known Member

Dague
    (1/15/03 12:47:45 am)
    Reply 1911 scope mount questions.....
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    ive been seeing these scope mounts for 1911's that screw under the grip, and extend over the top of the slide to mount a scope, are these mounts any good?

Dague
    (1/16/03 12:41:19 pm)
    Reply Re: 1911 scope mount questions.....
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    no one knows???

Chas
    V.I.P. Member
    (1/16/03 1:55:13 pm)
    Reply grip
    Sorry Dague...I guess all our gun experts are up on the general discussion board talkin' politics and philosophy

To be honest with ya, I have yet to see such a creature.

Does it attach to more than just under the grip?

I been thinkin' about a grip laser.

best 'o luck my friend.

Chuck

shooter45 us
    *TFF Chief Of Staff*
    (1/16/03 5:18:16 pm)
    Reply Re: grip
    I know a pistolsmith who uses a mount like that. He only uses it to get tight groups on his finished pistols.

Why would you want to scope a 1911 ?

rayra
    V.I.P. Member
    (1/17/03 4:57:13 am)
    Tried a B-Square mount some time ago (13-14yrs?) out of curiousity, it wrapped around the frame and slide, pinned by the slide stop, and further braced / locked by an Allen-headed set screw pushing against the underside of the frame.
    Put an original aimpoint in/on it.

It was something like this -

Looked like something out of an Action Movie. Shot fine. But worked loose after 30-40 rounds.

Nowadays I believe their products are tapped directly into the forward portion of the frame.

Saw some others that replaced the left-side grip panel, extending up the left side to form a weaver-type rail. Never tried one, though.

Much more interested in the modern super-small floating dot sights, like those by C-More - http://cmore.com/sights.html

Rich

shooter45 us
    *TFF Chief Of Staff*
    (1/17/03 7:37:02 am)
    Rich,

I had a C-More sight on my race gun.
    Installation consisted of drilling 4 holes on each side of the frame. Worked great.

Bompa
    V.I.P. Member
    (1/18/03 5:37:27 pm)
    Try the Docter sight.. No holes to drill and tap use your favorite grips..Just remove the rear sight and put mount in dovetail slot and add the sight.. It is like the Tasco Optima only better..Made of metal and glass not like the Tasco that is no longer available anyway..