1911 value

Discussion in 'The 1911 Forum' started by patrol, Jul 9, 2007.

1. patrol

patrol New Member

I love my 1911's and I own six all different companies and 4 out of those shoot exactly the same tac driving grouping out of the box without any extra gunsmith tuning. Kimber Procarry/Para NiteTac/Para CCW LDA/Smith Sc. For me because Im a cop and despite military and college background we make **** for money I consider anything above $600 bucks "Hi dollar" for a 1911 and those are all above that price. I say this because I have to put my two cents in about what to tell people when they want an accurate affordable good reliable 45acp that doesnt cost an arm and a leg. My answer to them which will cause kaos in the 1911 room and know that I do love the 1911 as my old Marine DI used to scream "It is what It is". The best 45acp that shoots as tight a group as ANY 1911 ive ever shot that is less than even $550 and holds double the rounds is the Springfield XD Tactical or Standard 45acp. You guys have to shoot one if you havent had the pleasure.:cool:
  2. Xracer

Xracer *TFF Admin Staff Mediator*

Thanks for the input. SA certainly does make fine 1911s, and you can't go much wrong owning any of their pistols.

For me, however, doublestackers just don't fit my hand.....different strokes for different folks.....so I'll stick with my old singlestackers.
  3. hogrider97fxdwg

hogrider97fxdwg New Member

I'm in the same boat as a lot of people, not much disposable income. Several years ago I purchased a norinco 1911 in 45acp and it shoot as well as any 1911 I've seen
  4. ccrsurge

ccrsurge New Member

I recently found a model 70G at an estate sale so I bought it. I hope I didn't ripped off. It looks like it has been fired, but very well maintained. I have fired it and oh my gosh it makes me look like an excellent shooter. Oh i only paid $100.00. I beginning to think I got a good deal. I did check it through NCIC, its not stolen
  5. HeadHunterII

HeadHunterII New Member

Yes patrol, the XD's are a fine weapon. Nicer than any glock I have ever handled. You should also check out the Smith and Wesson M&P if you haven't already. I am in the same boat as you as far as pricing on firearms. I would love to be able to purchase a wilson or other top dollar 1911 but I just can't justify the price with my current salary. Kimber and SA is where I will be.
  6. tspeck007

tspeck007 New Member

Excuse my ignorance, but is an XD a 1911?

Also What is a "Standard 45 acp"?

http://www.springfield-armory.com/armory.php?version=15

I've been to their website and not sure how to find the 1911s you are talking about. Are they GI45, MIL-SPEC, Loaded, Trophy Match, Operator, TRP, EMP, or custom???

SA has way too many models and submodels???

Help please.