1911s Suck???

Discussion in 'The 1911 Forum' started by hogger129, Sep 10, 2012.

1. hogger129

hogger129 Active Member

2. aa1911

aa1911 Active Member

very nice, enjoyed that video... now I need to watch part I...

anytime I get to see anything Wilson combat, I'm stoked!
  3. Martimus

Martimus New Member

My opinion of Mr. Yeager cannot be expressed on this, or any other forum, without me getting banned for language! :mad:

I'll say this though... watch the below video. Others claim that Mr. Yeager is the guy who runs for the hills at around the 27 second mark.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=q5KPr53rSe4

To be honest, I've never been in a fire fight like that nor do I care to be in one. I'm not sure, however, that I could run and leave my friends/comrades to fend for themselves in that situation. :(
    Last edited: Sep 10, 2012
  4. aa1911

aa1911 Active Member

5. aa1911

aa1911 Active Member

I honestly have to agree with the guy, I've been screaming for years about the 'aftermarket' 1911's that are not using true to spec parts. JMB's design works, many variations do not. I now have a Glock on my side because my 1911 won't digest most HP ammo reliably. the 1911 is a masterpiece of hand craftsmanship where glocks and others can be munched out in assembly line fashion and function flawlessly.

as much as I'm a die-hard 1911 guy, glocks do work all the time outta the box. my 1911 isn't going anywhere though.
  6. Martimus

Martimus New Member

Unfortunately he does tend to go somewhat overboard on his opinions.

In this video

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=x4sw5qi2dtw

his attitude seems to be that most peoples carry weapons suck (his words). Early in the video he states that if he doesn't review a particular weapon it's likely because he does not think highly of it. And if you read the comments he seems pretty good at dropping F bombs on viewer comments (and I'm not attempting to defend the viewer comments since most of them aren't a whole lot better). Apparently he's a real classy guy!
  7. Double D

Double D Administrator Staff Member Supporting Member

I didnt bother watching the video, I could care less what the guy thinks. I own 18 1911s, all of which cycle any type of ammo I feed them and function flawlessly at all times. If you happen to buy a 1911 that wont cycle certain ammo, it only takes a small amount of work to fix the problem. I dont know what the big deal is. Its still the best platform out there. I cant stand the sight of a glock and wouldnt trade you one good 1911 for 20 glocks. And I mean it. I have carried and will always carry a 1911 in some form or fashion and as for this guys opinion, well, you know what they say about opinions......
  8. ampaterry

ampaterry *TFF Admin Staff Chaplain* Staff Member Supporting Member

My single 1911 is a parts gun, bought WAY back when you could order all the parts and get them through the mail.
    Spent a day building, tearing down, and re-building it until I got it right.
    I could already field strip one in the dark, but this is a COMPLETE assembly; quite a bit different.

And it is flawless.
    It used to jam on occasion using soft lead semi-wadcutters, but a bit of polish on the feed ramp took care of that -
    It has not failed once in the last 35 years, and is the bedside piece I RELY on.
    Shoots anything.
    And always hits where I aim it.

I love my Glock, but that is a CCW weight thing only. Given my 'druthers when facing a BG and 40 feet, I will take the 1911 that WILL put them down.
  9. therewolf

therewolf New Member

This video rambles, sorry, I've got this " life" thing going on, also,

unfortunately. Did he ever get to the point?

IMHO, it's pretty simple. There's the 1911A1,

and everything else. Nothing else will ever be a

1911A1. You're free, in this country, to think it sucks,

if you like.

If I'm ever again called up to defend your right to do, say, and think

whatever you like, in this fine, great nation, the 1911A1 will

be, by personal choice, the sidearm with which I will trust my, and

my fellow Americans lives to, throughout the conflict...
  10. Martimus

Martimus New Member

Found the video I was remembering about Tactical Response

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=np9j77NHxlk

At around 14 seconds into the video, check out where a cameraman is standing. He's down range from the shooters taking still pictures of them shooting.

In this video, Yeager defends the practice of having a cameraman down range as safe

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1R3t0wuLDWQ

Personally I hope that cameraman is really well paid! I'm guessing he must have nerves of steel. I could never do that without soiling my shorts!! :eek:
  11. lilmule

lilmule New Member

Hmmm cant afford the real thing,bet he wouldnt like my pint sized copy.Llama 32acp.
    [​IMG]
  12. hogger129

hogger129 Active Member

Never tried one of those Llamas myself.

Check out the Rock Island Armory GI if you're looking for an inexpensive 1911.
  13. JLA

JLA Well-Known Member

Hey I got one of those.. Mines a .380

Attached Files:

14. lilmule

lilmule New Member

Notice the ribs on(yours) the factory grips,and most have a vent rib.
    Mine has neither,modded 3 dot sights bobbed hammer etc.
    Do you cc it at times?
    The Rock Island Armory GI is around 500 here.I likem small also with little felt recoil,can shoot a full size 45,dont however desire one in a pocket rocket.
  15. aa1911

aa1911 Active Member

as long as the shooters are properly disciplined, I see nothing wrong with the cameraman's position, especially at that distance. I will go downrange to service my targets in my lane up to 50m + with someone shooting one or two lanes over (unless we're doing steel of course) without any worry. on your average rifle/pistol range open to the public? nowhere is safe!

same with CQB, many many shots inside of a room are within as close as a meter of your buddy, as long as everyone is properly trained and dialed in there's no worry. Nothing like a blast of 5.56 three feet in front of your face! inside no less...