1911s Suck???

Discussion in 'The 1911 Forum' started by hogger129, Sep 10, 2012.

1. jack404

jack404 Former Guest

now i'd like to clear THAT up without seeming like i'm mad or correcting you

i've seen a lot of good soldiers tuck tail and make small when the rounds fly for the first time (for them anyway)

its how they come outta that that makes em or breaks em

a good sergeant or corporal will sort that and guide the guy to what needs to be done

a bad start aint the end , sometimes its just a start ..

but PMC's and i've done a few trips with them so speak from experience aint the military , far from it , most are cowboys , some are good , very good even , but the good are all experienced operators and mil trained .. been there done that

you dont get good teams from newbies , full stop

so if anyone who's really been there done that , may have started a bit scared .. big deal

its how they carried on after that counts

seen it too many times for it not to be correct a slow starts nothing but a wake up to reality .. some folks take a sec or three to catch it all and realise its them who can stop it ..

no harm no foul ..

but to act like the dork in the vid.. sheeeesh

wiped ..
    Last edited: Sep 11, 2012
  2. aa1911

aa1911 Active Member

no, I hear ya Jack and wholeheartedly agree. proper leadership ensures the future generation of any given individual and unit; and everyone has made a mistake or two or been caught off guard. Seen folks that have deployed and literally the most stressful event they logged was a distant rocket attack and come away scarred for life where some folks can time and time again get wrapped up in unbelievable intense combat and walk away like it ain't nothing. It's all what ya make of it and like most things, there's a learning curve.
  3. WHSmithIV

WHSmithIV Well-Known Member

Well, my Citadel 1911 most definitely does NOT suck!
  4. Double D

Double D Administrator Staff Member Supporting Member

I decided to watch his arrogant video. Its pretty amusing. He takes his training experience to make an issue as FACT. If that isnt arrogant, what is. He is a hater. See, I hate glocks. I hate the looks, the feel and the arrogant following of the gun. But, I dont say its junk. I dont care if you can freeze it and run it over. I live in florida and dont plan on moving. I will NEVER own a glock. I promise you, I wont take one for free. He claims 1911s wont function. Tell Sam that, he has just run almost 7000 rounds thru his spartan without cleaning it and it refuses to hickup. I have several 1911s that I have run literally thousands of trouble free rounds thru. I would trust my life on them any day. I dont need a kazillion rounds in my magazine. If I cant get myself out of a situation with 16 rounds of 45acp, I should throw away all my guns today.
    I am happy that he has found the plastic love of his life and in his small mind he can see no further..its people like him that turned me off to glocks to begin with. I will continue to buy and shoot the most beautiful and brilliant pistol platform ever created. But, I also own plastic guns and revolvers too. I am not so small minded that I cant see other designs have value. I am glad Jack has exposed him for what he really is.
  5. JLA

JLA Well-Known Member

I say let em hate 1911s, and let his followers hate em too. Thats just more for me and more for you..

Yeah, I just wrote that.. pretty good huh. :D

Thank You.. Im here all week. ;)
  6. Double D

I say that 1911 owners are too smart to take the dipsticks class.
  7. 1911junkee

1911junkee New Member

Another self-proclaimed expert, beautiful! BTW, I thought this was a 1911 form, who invited this chump?
  8. oldfartrr

oldfartrr Member

first off, i dont like "1911's" either,,, but,, or they dont like me !! would take one before a glock !!! have several other semi-autos that i do like, and i can hit the closed door from outside the barn. everyone has their own likes and dislikes depending on what fits them,, and how much money they wish to spend on making it "work" for them .. or for their own ego trip !! have several friends that would not carry anthing else,, their preference.. they like the accuracy and feel of my .40's ( beretta-96,, and star-firestar) but think the world revolves around the 45 ??? beyond 15ft think it is usless,, my opinion,,and yes i would not (normally) shoot at anything in self-defense beyond that range,,except to return fire to protect myself or my family..
    as for this guy in the vids is a self proclaimed xxx that is just trying to tout his business.
    Last edited: Sep 13, 2012
  9. Double D

You think a 45 is useless beyond 15ft? Did I read that right?
  10. oldfartrr

oldfartrr Member

LOL as i said personal opinion,, we all got one (just like axxhxxxs). i have to close the barn door and shoot from the inside to hit it with one. i have fired some very accurate ones, but i wont put out the money they did to make it that way.
  11. Double D

I can make ragged holes with my 1911s from 40 ft no problem. They shoot straighter than I ever will.
  12. aa1911

aa1911 Active Member

15' !? Lots more reach than that IMO. Took a deer years ago with my TRP, one shot put him down. Bout 20 yds. Took another with mild .40 reloads at 30 yds, one shot death. US army states 50m as max effective, considering power and accuracy.
  13. jack404

jack404 Former Guest

i like my 1911 in .45 and i'll have it back again soon , and if i end up moving to the northern territory like its looking , i'll be legal for it up there , just have to re-import it direct to there when i'm settled and legal etc
  14. 45silverback

45silverback New Member

I know I'm new here, but IMHO if you cant hit anything beyond 15ft with a 1911, even an old G.I. spec 1911A1, you probably shouldn't be handling firearms.

1911's are among the easiest major caliber guns to shoot accurately, mostly due to the trigger.

The main complaint that is levied against 1911's for serious work is capacity, most feelin 8rnds sounds low compared to the double stack guns. I have never heard anyone complain about the accuracy.
  15. crockett007

crockett007 New Member

I use a Colt 1911A1 Pistol. I have always preferred it, in competition and on the battlefield. This guy is not going to change my mind nor my preference. I support and defend the right of any American to speak about whatever they want, as long as it is within the context of the law.

Let's move on now, the sandbox name calling contest is really boring..
  16. tnhawk

tnhawk New Member

I'd never heard of Mr Yeager before today and haven't missed anything. I trust any of my 1911 pistols more than I trust his opinion. He probably doesn't care any more of my opinion than I do of his. I'm not replacing any of my pistols with the tupperware he prefers.
  17. dad2thebone

dad2thebone New Member

you forgot he's calling for mommy too. I've had a 1911 with me when i needed it and never had a problem. And i didn't see the video either. no point from what im reading here