The Firearms Forum banner

1911s Suck???

Tags
7K views 36 replies 16 participants last post by  dad2thebone 
#1 ·
#28 · (Edited)
first off, i dont like "1911's" either,,, but,, or they dont like me !! would take one before a glock !!! have several other semi-autos that i do like, and i can hit the closed door from outside the barn. everyone has their own likes and dislikes depending on what fits them,, and how much money they wish to spend on making it "work" for them .. or for their own ego trip !! have several friends that would not carry anthing else,, their preference.. they like the accuracy and feel of my .40's ( beretta-96,, and star-firestar) but think the world revolves around the 45 ??? beyond 15ft think it is usless,, my opinion,,and yes i would not (normally) shoot at anything in self-defense beyond that range,,except to return fire to protect myself or my family..
as for this guy in the vids is a self proclaimed xxx that is just trying to tout his business.

#29 ·
You think a 45 is useless beyond 15ft? Did I read that right?

#31 ·
I can make ragged holes with my 1911s from 40 ft no problem. They shoot straighter than I ever will.

#32 ·
15' !? Lots more reach than that IMO. Took a deer years ago with my TRP, one shot put him down. Bout 20 yds. Took another with mild .40 reloads at 30 yds, one shot death. US army states 50m as max effective, considering power and accuracy.

#34 ·
first off, i dont like "1911's" either,,, but,, or they dont like me !! would take one before a glock !!! have several other semi-autos that i do like, and i can hit the closed door from outside the barn. everyone has their own likes and dislikes depending on what fits them,, and how much money they wish to spend on making it "work" for them .. or for their own ego trip !! have several friends that would not carry anthing else,, their preference.. they like the accuracy and feel of my .40's ( beretta-96,, and star-firestar) but think the world revolves around the 45 ??? beyond 15ft think it is usless,, my opinion,,and yes i would not (normally) shoot at anything in self-defense beyond that range,,except to return fire to protect myself or my family..
as for this guy in the vids is a self proclaimed xxx that is just trying to tout his business.
I know I'm new here, but IMHO if you cant hit anything beyond 15ft with a 1911, even an old G.I. spec 1911A1, you probably shouldn't be handling firearms.

1911's are among the easiest major caliber guns to shoot accurately, mostly due to the trigger.

The main complaint that is levied against 1911's for serious work is capacity, most feelin 8rnds sounds low compared to the double stack guns. I have never heard anyone complain about the accuracy.

#35 ·
I use a Colt 1911A1 Pistol. I have always preferred it, in competition and on the battlefield. This guy is not going to change my mind nor my preference. I support and defend the right of any American to speak about whatever they want, as long as it is within the context of the law.

Let's move on now, the sandbox name calling contest is really boring..

#36 ·
I'd never heard of Mr Yeager before today and haven't missed anything. I trust any of my 1911 pistols more than I trust his opinion. He probably doesn't care any more of my opinion than I do of his. I'm not replacing any of my pistols with the tupperware he prefers.

#37 ·
good to know, I've never heard of the guy before today. Glad someone knows the scoop on him; seems like most of these 'youtube' stars spawn from failure elsewhere in the real world.

There's lots of guys who talk tuff but when bullets start flying, guess who's curled up into a ball suckin' their thumb?
you forgot he's calling for mommy too. I've had a 1911 with me when i needed it and never had a problem. And i didn't see the video either. no point from what im reading here

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.