1. Get Gear'd Up! Enter to WIN $1000 in gear!

Please Click Here for full details and to enter. You will need to be registered and logged in to view the details and to participate.

Thanks and good luck to everyone

1931 Trials Rifle

Discussion in 'The Ask the Pros & What's It Worth? Forum' started by yardbird, Nov 8, 2012.

1. yardbird

yardbird New Member

1931 Trials Rifle ..Where would be a good place to get a rough value? *** ******does not have any..Thanks Roy (yes I know you need pictures)

Attached Files:

Last edited: May 8, 2013
  2. jack404

jack404 Former Guest

yard bird i bought one from the UK last year and paid $2670 USD and that was cheap

trials rifles are rare as many have been demilled , those that have not are favoured very much by mil rifle shooters in 1000 meter shoots

a mate has one for sale

1931 trials rifle, No32Mk1 scope

he's asking $3200 and the woods seen better days

and he'll get the $$

maybe $4000 for a pristine one now

2200 of them where demilled in the UK

the horror , the horror
  3. yardbird

yardbird New Member

Thanks Jack...This rifle is one of the 1,403 that was converted to a sniper and then back again.. I know you never see many around..Roy
  4. jack404

jack404 Former Guest

have you the doc's for it? then it will be top $$

jealous ..
  5. yardbird

yardbird New Member

now have pictures up. like to find selling start.. Roy
  6. BETH

BETH Well-Known Member

can u put up picture of the whole rifle please would like to see it
  7. yardbird

yardbird New Member

Will try ...I am on oxygen and use a walker...with no help so doing my best. I have a slug of stuff and would be nice to move some of it before it goes to the dump.. Roy

Attached Files:

8. BETH

BETH Well-Known Member

wow cool rifle thank you
  9. WHSmithIV

WHSmithIV Well-Known Member

My Enfield is now my favorite rifle. When I received it there was no front sight blade - paid $5 to get one and had it within the week. I sold all my guns back in 1987 when my Mom got cancer and I had to move from San Diego to Waltham Mass. to help take care of her - she needed me far more than I needed my guns.

I so forgot how much I like those sights on the Enfield. At 100 yards I was one inch off to the right. Gentle tap on that foresight to move it right and I was dead on. I will use the Enfield to get my deer this year, not my scoped Marlin 30/30

I'm looking for places to make the one mile shot with this Enfield with iron sights only. I'm very certain I can make a 1000 yard shot with it.
  10. wonderwhippet

wonderwhippet Active Member

Thiis rare rifle is of particular interest to residents of the formerly great "British Empire" but not so much appreciated in the US. I don't think it would approach such values here.
  11. yardbird

yardbird New Member

Yep I think your right...they go gunny bags over German, Japanese and some Italian. I have many to get rid of and many I have an idea of there worth. I have a fellow who will cart them to a To Gun Show, but I am looking for a reserve price. just because my legs gave out the rest is kinda working...you would think there would be a serious Enfield collector out there. Thanks for the reply... Roy
  12. nmckenzie

nmckenzie Well-Known Member

Just saw your comment on making the 1000 yard shot with the Enfield. Back in NY I regularly shot a No.4 Mk.1* at 600 yards with very satisfying results. Your's is the later Mk.2 with a trigger/sear engagement more consistent over the long term, so I expect you'll be very satisfied with the 1000 yard results. Enjoy your no.4, they're really fine rifles.