1933 Walther PPK - never been fired

Discussion in 'The Ask the Pros & What's It Worth? Forum' started by Welshdog, Jan 5, 2011.

1. Welshdog

Welshdog New Member

I have my dad's 1933 Walther PPK, brought back after the war. It's in the original cardboard box with the German stamps on it. The original instruction publication (in German) is in the box. I also have the original tally sheet from the war department showing it was returned to the US on September 5, 1945. I don't believe the gun has ever been fired. How do I go about finding out its true value to a collector?
  2. Welshdog

Welshdog New Member

The serial number on this gun is 326760P if that helps.
  3. TheGunClinger

TheGunClinger Well-Known Member Supporting Member

Posting good pics would be the first step.
  4. kalisgems

kalisgems New Member

Now you have my attention. That is my favorite gun...especially the stainless.
  5. SSMN

SSMN Member

If your serial number is correct it is a Walther PP, not PPK. Its production date is 1944.
  6. wonderwhippet

wonderwhippet Active Member

We need some good clear photos showing all markings. Include the box and all accessories.
  7. deadin

deadin Well-Known Member

Don't believe there were any stainless that early. They were steel and a small number made in an early Duraluminum. (Mainly highly engraved presentation pieces.)
  8. Welshdog

Welshdog New Member

OK - my wife's got the camera with her, I'll post some photos tomorrow. thanks for your interest.
  9. kalisgems

kalisgems New Member

Sounds right to me. I wasn't really considering the year . Just thinking about the one I let go...:(
  10. Welshdog

Welshdog New Member

Hmm - apparently I can only attach 4 pictures as files. Let me know if any other photos are needed.

I didn't even know my dad owned this gun until my mother passed away and it was in her storage trunk. My uncle was an infantryman and gave my dad a box of Remmington shells for Christmas so he could shoot the pistol. I have that box with the Christmas tag and it still has 50 shells in it. Hence my belief that the gun hasn't ever been fired except maybe at the factory. There isn't a scratch on it.

Attached Files:

11. hrf

hrf Well-Known Member

?? - The tally sheet you show is for a .45 with holster.
  12. SSMN

SSMN Member

Your gun will have Eagle over N proof marks on barrel, frame and slide. Left side of the slide will have the Walther logo and other factory data. Are there any other marks, numbers etc. on the frame , slide or magazine base?
  13. Welshdog

Welshdog New Member

I don't have the holster - don't know where it went.

On the left side of the slide:

Walther logo Waffenfabrik Walther, ZellaMehlis (Thur)
    Walther's Patent Cal. 7,65 m/m Mod. PP

On the right side of the slide:

Just the two eagles one above the other on the slide and in the slide opening. There is no letter N. The serial number is on the slide and also in back of the trigger mechanism.

Both grips have the Walther logo on them
  14. Welshdog

Welshdog New Member

Here is a better picture of the right side of the gun where you can see the eagles, etc

Attached Files:

15. Welshdog

Welshdog New Member

I had not noticed that the tally sheet says 45 cal. Must have been a mistake by whoever wrote the tally sheet as it was in the box with this gun and my uncle who is still alive says this is the only gun my dad brought back from the war.
    Last edited: Jan 6, 2011
  16. kx1a

kx1a Member

I believe that you will find that the Tally Sheet Incoming is a receipt given to the soldier for turning in his .45 sidearm, holster, and mag pouch to an armory/quartermaster? following the end of hostilities. It has nothing to do with the PP. The Walther box was probably a convenient place to keep the receipt for safe keeping.
    Bill W
  17. BETH

BETH Well-Known Member

Welcome kx1a glad to see another person from Ct.
  18. RJay

RJay Well-Known Member

Kx1a is correct, that receipt has nothing to do with the Walther PP.
  19. Airdale

Airdale Member

Please, someone help this guy out and give him an estimate of the PPs worth.

Ya'll asked for pics, he supplied 'em. I know zip about Walthers and the curiosity is killing me. It looks pretty pristine to my old eyes.
  20. BETH

BETH Well-Known Member

so how much is gun worth?