1. Get Gear'd Up! Enter to WIN $1000 in gear!

Please Click Here for full details and to enter. You will need to be registered and logged in to view the details and to participate.

Thanks and good luck to everyone

1934 Beretta Barrel

Discussion in 'Technical Questions & Information' started by jackr, Feb 8, 2012.

1. jackr

jackr New Member

I was given a 1934 Beretta. It is in very good condition except for the barrel. The barrel is pitted and has some rust. I purchased a barrel from Numrich. The barrel dropped right into the frame and the slide went home. I can't turn the safety lever. The original barrel functioned perfectly. I was told the barrel should drop in without any fitting. Any help would be appreciated.

I'm new here.

Thanks
  2. jackr

jackr New Member

I was given a 1934 Beretta. The pistol is in excellent condition except fro the barrel. I got a replacement barrel from Numrich. The pistol functioned perfectly with the old barrel. The new barrel dropped in to the frame and the slide went home. I can't turn the safety lever with the new barrel in the pistol. I was told the barrel should drop in and function without any rework. Can anyone offer a suggestion?

Thanks
  3. JLA

JLA Well-Known Member

The new barrel is probably a little oversized in the lower lug and its preventing the safety from turning. Take it to a gunsmith to be properly relieved. If youre handy you could compare the new barrel to the old barrel and try to match it with a set of needle files. if you decide to go that route be careful and take very little material off at a time. once its gone its gone. Relieve it just enough to the weapon functions reliably.
  4. Jim K

Jim K New Member

I assume you know that the safety lever locks the barrel in place by turning up into the half circle locking cut in the barrel foot. The front of that cut is where you need to carefully take off a little metal at a time until the safety moves properly. Don't work on the safety; the barrel is the unoriginal part.

Jim
  5. JLA

JLA Well-Known Member

Absolutely right. Good lookin out Jim.
  6. Helix_FR

Helix_FR Active Member

There is a rounded notch in the lug of the barrel, that has to be relieved for it to fit right as others have said. Its not a expensive fix, take it to a smith
  7. william whisner

william whisner New Member

i own a beretta 1935, 32cal. looking at the parts list i see no difference between the 1934 & 1935 except the 380 barrel & magazine.i found the parts can they be changed to make it a 380.bill whisner