1942 Savage #4 Enfields.

2K views 9 replies 3 participants last post by  MJ1 
#1 ·

Very nice shooters.

Cheers
...MJ...

See less See more
#4 ·
YES. H&H conversions, most and put-up when BSA Sherley came on line. some say as many as 1200 went to storage having made it through having the pads leveled to the center bore line and windage center. this was done prior to scope and bracket matching.

I can almost hear the order to store them being typed out mid 1943. Our boys would have a moral hit if the stalking rifle they carried came from outside the UK. 'Use the M47C's damn the delay.' The base work was done so well when setting the pads that most original brackets settle on the rifles close on .0015" offset or cant that's about a private hair off at 100 yards with no extra fitting. Remember .008" equals 1/4 MOA at 100yards. I might have screw'ed those values up but it's not much. So they are good rifles by any measure if they hold that standard.. Fitting is above par with stocks meeting high standards.

Cheers

...MJ...

#5 ·
Damn nice specimens MJ1. I believe you may own one of the nicest private Mil-surp collections in existence.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.