1945 Air Show .......

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by JohnHenry, Nov 10, 2012.

1. JohnHenry

JohnHenry Well-Known Member

1945 Air Show - Worth A Look (it is 10 minutes 37 seconds long and is grainy but great).

Fascinating footage of captured enemy aircraft from a 1945 Air Show in Freeman Field, Seymour, Indiana, USA.
    Thanks to Sam Kaiser - An interesting display of captured weapons. Freeman Field was in Seymour, Indiana.

For those of us over 70, this is a great video. For those of you under 70, you may not appreciate fully this video or the background music. Remember, this is four months after Germany surrendered and just one month after Japan surrendered. There was a fabulous mood in America at that time and you just
    The background music is the real deal; the actual music that was at the top of the Hit Parade in 1944-45. It took me right back to 1945 and the wonderful memories I had of that time. The background music is, I believe, Glenn Miller's band playing "In the Mood," "Tuxedo Junction," "String of Pearls" and the Tommy Dorsey orchestra with Frank Sinatra singing "I'll Be Seeing You," an absolutely perfect song for that time. In fact, it was popular for nearly the entire duration of WW-II. Listen carefully to the lyrics and put them in the context of America's boys going off to war and you will understand what I mean.

https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?v=1723870789084
  2. mranum

mranum Member

Thanks for posting this!
  3. wolfdog

wolfdog Member

Cool vid!
  4. Fast Forward

Fast Forward Member

Music wasn,t bad either