1948 F.B. Radom 7.62x25

Discussion in 'The Ask the Pros & What's It Worth? Forum' started by Dawgsman81, Oct 13, 2010.

1. Dawgsman81

Dawgsman81 New Member

My girlfriend's father passed away and left her this handgun. I took it to a gunsmith and he wasn't very helpful except to tell me it was a Polish Radom. I'm trying to find out as much info as possible on this pistol. Any history about them, especially the unique markings on the trigger guard, would be much appreciated. Thanks! :confused:

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]
  2. oscarmayer

oscarmayer New Member

polish made @ radom arsenal copy of a russian t-33 tokarev??? the safety is an add on . added on for legal importation to the u.s. . well thought of gun well made, and getting harder to find. the tokarev round is very powerful it shoots a light bullet ( 88gr ) but it goes like a bat out of hell with plenty of ft lbs of energy. 1300 plus ft per second around 500 ftlbs of energy, these are near the 357 mag in power. draw back being no one makes hollow point ammo any more and you'll be stuck with full metal jacketed stuff. and for the record it will defeat a bullet proof vest..... now as for the proof marks i could be wrong but i though a radom made tokarev had a circle 11 if made @ radom but i think i recall seeing a triangle on a real radom viz 9mm. the 1948 is for a type 48 tokarev not he year it was made, that was the year of the changes made to the original t-33
  3. Dawgsman81

Dawgsman81 New Member

Thanks Oscar! Lots of helpful info.
  4. AngelDeville

AngelDeville New Member

I can't see the pics here at work, but if it's a Polish TT-33 it's one of the better made examples of the TT. I'll give you more info once I get home.
  5. Jim K

Jim K New Member

Most of the time when the term "Polish Radom" is used, the gun meant is the Wzor (model) 1935, the pistol adopted by the Polish Army in that year and made and used in vast numbers by the Germans after they conquered Poland. But the Fabryka Broni (Arms Factory) at Radom was revived by the Russians when they took over Poland and required their satellite nations to adopt their guns and ammunition. That is a Polish copy of the Tula Tokarev 1933 (TT-33).

As Oscarmayer says, the safety was added by the importer to meet US requirements; The TT-33 orignally had no safety as Soviet doctrine was not to chamber a round unless the gun was to be fired. I agree that the Polish-made pistol is possibly the best of the Tokarev copies.

Jim
  6. oscarmayer

oscarmayer New Member

the polish tokarevs are very good but i consider the yugo m57 to be just a tad better. for one reason the addition lenght in the grip which also allows for one addition round in the magazine , also the fit and finish is on par with the polish guns. but when broken down and compared side by side the yugo's have less tool marks inside not that it matters to function it's just seems to me more care and detail were given to them...
  7. AngelDeville

AngelDeville New Member

yep can see the pics now! nice pistol prolly worth $300-350
  8. Dawgsman81

Dawgsman81 New Member

Thanks guys. Keep any info coming. So, anyway I can find out the year it was made? And any idea on the proof markings on the trigger guard? How about the FB inside the triangle?