1952 Mannlichter Schoenauer

Discussion in 'The Ask the Pros & What's It Worth? Forum' started by Dave Fridley, Nov 17, 2006.

1. Dave Fridley

Dave Fridley New Member

I have a 1952 model Mannlichter Schoenauer ser #21452. I have used this gun for hunting for over 35 years and have taken many deer with it. It is in excellent condition and I still use it every deer season. I would like to get any info. on this rifle, including value ( for insurance purposes only), I am not interested in selling this gun, as it was given to me by my father, who passed away in 1975. Any info would be greatly appreciated.

Attached Files:

2. mrmeval

mrmeval New Member

3. polishshooter

polishshooter Active Member

WOW, that is a nice rifle...what caliber is it?

And for having been actually hunting, it is in GREAT shape! Most of MY guns, as well as most others i know, that have been drug through the briars and rained or snowed on, or bumped against trees or truck beds show a LOT more wear than THAT....
    Last edited: Nov 17, 2006
  4. Dave Fridley

Dave Fridley New Member

It is a .30-06, and yes I have hunted with this gun every year for over 35yrs. It has seen it,s share of rain, snow and ice here in the West Virginia hills. I hunted with it having only open sights until 1996, and took quite a few nice whitetails with it at well over 100 yards.I finally found a Williams scope mount that attatched to the side of the breach.(see pic) I had to remove the original (300 yard)flip-up rear blade sight to fit the 50mm scope that I have on it now. Needless to say the killing distance has extended out well beyond 300 yards with this set-up
    I've thought about buying a new rifle, but this one is hard to beat. As a matter of fact, I just did a thourough cleaning of the gun today and am planning on using it Monday morning on our opening day of deer season!
  5. southernshooter

southernshooter New Member

Welcome Dave, it sounds like you got a great gun
  6. SouthernMoss

SouthernMoss *Admin Tech Staff*

I'm gonna move this to our Ask the Pros forum. They should be able to help you out.
  7. wonderwhippet

wonderwhippet Active Member

I wanted one of these badly when I was a kid back in the fifties, but the price was near $200, so that was out of the question. I have been checking their prices at countless gunshows over the past ten years or so, and have learned the following: The full length Mannlicher stock is much more in demand than the half stock model, and it brings more money. A nice full stock can be bought for $1500 to $1800, and a friend of mine just beat me to one with factory engraving for $1400. Anyhow, I'm still looking for a 30-06 or .270. The .243 calibers are in less demand.
  8. armedandsafe

armedandsafe Guest

You just HAD to make me drool all over my keyboard, didn't you? Nice rifle.

Pops
  9. swdoc

swdoc New Member

I am the owner of a another Mannlichter Schoenauer almost identical to the one pictured here. My father brought it home from the war and used it as a hunting rifle all his life. The serial number of the rifle is: 21757 and it was purchased in Germany.
    I would like information on how to post this rifle for sale.