1954 Russian SKS Value?

Discussion in 'The Ask the Pros & What's It Worth? Forum' started by Mahoogan, Feb 22, 2008.

1. Mahoogan

Mahoogan New Member

The rifle is in basically new condition, never fired and only a couple very tiny blemishes on the stock. The bolt is bright and has not been blued, the rest of the gun including the bayonet is blued. The markings on the top of the bolt cover include:

-A diamond with no markings inside
    -A star with an arrow pointing upwards
    -1954r

The bolt and area below it have a matching stamp of "NB6948"(the first "N" is actually backwards on the gun. The front and rear sight both appear to have a "1" stamped on it. The stock is dark in color and does appear to have some sort of lacquer on it.

I was told is was a sniper grade rifle made for Russian Kremlin guards. I'm not sure if that's accurate and would like to find more info on the gun and it's value. If there's any other info needed I would be glad to look for it. I will try and get some pics posted also.

Thanks
  2. Mahoogan

Mahoogan New Member

Here are a few pics:

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]
  3. Mahoogan

Mahoogan New Member

I'm taking it to the gun shop this afternoon to possibly trade or sell. Any info on the approximate value would be appreciated.
  4. berto64

berto64 Active Member

I'm sorry you're in a rush to sell it. Sometimes it takes a day or two for a member with the expertice required to evaluate your weapon.

If you are set on selling it that soon, good luck, but I would advise you to have patience and wait for an evaluation. Those were great photos you posted. Give our guys a chance, OK.
  5. Mahoogan

Mahoogan New Member

I didn't end up getting rid of it yet, I was just out shopping it around a bit. I've been offered $250 for it, but I'm waiting to hear back from some others that seem interested.
  6. wonderwhippet

wonderwhippet Active Member

$250 is a rock bottom price. It is worth $350 to $400.