1. Get Gear'd Up! Enter to WIN $1000 in gear!

Please Click Here for full details and to enter. You will need to be registered and logged in to view the details and to participate.

Thanks and good luck to everyone

1960 Norinco SKS-D value

Discussion in 'The Ask the Pros & What's It Worth? Forum' started by dgwlhnt, Aug 29, 2006.

1. dgwlhnt

dgwlhnt New Member

Norinco SKS-D

I was looking to sell my SKS & was wondering what fair market price was. It is a 1960 Norinco SKS D in great shape. All the #'s match. Receiver is marked with a /26\, three Chinese symbols, & D240xxxxxx. Stock is blonde wood with /4\ stamped on side, also has sling mount on side, & bolted on bayonet. If there is any more info you need from me to make an educated gues on vlaue please let me know. Thanks DGWLHNT

Attached Files:

Last edited: Sep 8, 2006
  2. LIKTOSHOOT

LIKTOSHOOT Advanced Senior Member

It may be from 1960-which I doubt, but do not deny your take. The Model "D" was marketed for the US market and I doubt we were enjoying this detachable magazine gun during the VietNam conflict. Since they were ten round rifles from Russia pouring fire onto French and soon to learn---the same lesson USA.

The Norinco Model "D" came in two stocks. Regular and thumbhole, it never came with a bayonet or the ability to have one. The lug was ground off as it was considered part of the ban nor sporting (as the ruling is used)

Because it has a D in the serial number does not make it a "Model D"

That serial number is suspect too, they should be in this area-08xxx
    please note that is not a typo, it is a five digit number from the late 1980`s
    not the 1960`s.

It should also be marked "China Sports Imports" Norinco Model D [sometimes with "Sporter"] "Model D Sporter"

26 is the standard factory.

A real Model D was worth up to $500.00 prior to the lifting of the ban. NIB with all extra`s.

That is now $300.00 and that gets moans not sales.
    This is the most faked model next to the Paratrooper.

LTS
  3. dgwlhnt

dgwlhnt New Member

It is not a sporter or paratroper. It doesn't a monte carlo or thumbhole stock, it has a jungle stock. Receiver is stamped with import code "csi ont ca". Barrel is screwed on not pined, & all parts are milled not stamped. The last five # on receiver are also stamped on stock, lever, bolt, firing pin, & trigger guard. Hand guard is also a brown synthetic material commen on vietnam era guns. Rear sight also has III stamped on it marking it al early Chinese.It is not a late 80's gun & hopefully I have provided enough information. Thanks DGWLHNT
    Last edited: Aug 29, 2006
  4. LIKTOSHOOT

LIKTOSHOOT Advanced Senior Member

So what is it?? Unsure what a jungle stock is and most all imported SKS`s had matching numbers both stamped and penciled AND some.....both done here. I didn`t mention Monte-carlo and don`t know why a SKS would have one. What made you think it is a 1960 model and a model "D" to boot?? Remember these are not etched in stone, the Chinese did everthing the easy way.

LTS
  5. 22WRF

22WRF Well-Known Member

I traded my Norinco for a Savage 67 .410 pump and feel like I got the best part of deal :D :D :D :D :D :D :D
  6. southernshooter

southernshooter New Member

LTS is right about the $300 moan. Depending on location they will range between $175.00 to $250.00
  7. dgwlhnt

dgwlhnt New Member

Thanks for all the info . Stock does appear to be circa 1980 w/ way its beveled by thumb release & sling mount on bottom. I thought all late arsonal 26 guns were pinned barrels and stamped receiver? Gas tube W/ synthetic hand gard # doesn't match rest of gun, so I assume it has been replaced.
  8. Deputy Dawg

Deputy Dawg Active Member

I have a late 80's SKS and it has a threaded barrel and a milled receiver. AS far as i know all SKS's had milled receivers but some had pinned barrels and some had threaded barrels.Mine also came with a bayonet and matching numbers.When I bought mine in 1994 I payed $125.00 for it unused in a box. At one time here they were selling for $75.00 dollars at the Gun Shows here ,I wished I would of bought a few dozen back then.
  9. dgwlhnt

dgwlhnt New Member

So selling it for 250 wasn't to bad a price. Thanks. What could I pick up for around 300-350 that would be a good shooter, and a quality gun?
  10. Deputy Dawg

Deputy Dawg Active Member

No selling it for $250.00 was not a bad price. Around here they are going for between $200.00 to $250.00.
  11. southernshooter

What could you pick up for $350? What are you lookin for bolt action, self loader, pistol
  12. dgwlhnt

dgwlhnt New Member

Thinking pistol. Whats a quality semi-auto pistol that is made with quality, can shoot fairly inexpensively for aroung $400?
  13. southernshooter

New You might be able to find a Taurus 92 knock off or Walther P99(9mm or .40) Might be able to find a baby glock, keltec .380

Used guns the only real limitations will be what you can find at your local shops(excluding 1911's)
  14. dgwlhnt

dgwlhnt New Member

Just added pictures of SKS, a little late but still a nice looking gun.
  15. jeepcjaholic

jeepcjaholic New Member

they made sks-d's with both blade and spike bayonets. mine has blade, also these rifles have screw in barrels not like later sks-d's and can be feed by way of stripper clips. i love to take mine to the range and hear to the debate about this rifle. mine is mint with org box.as per price i'm in canada and the copys sell for $399 new, and sks sell for about $125. i've turned down $750 for mine. keep it there fun and cheap to shoot.