1989 .44 Magnum Desert Eagle value?

Discussion in 'The Ask the Pros & What's It Worth? Forum' started by the Riddick, Mar 16, 2011.

1. the Riddick

the Riddick Former Guest

Anyone know the value of a 1989 .41/.44 Magnum Desert Eagle? IMI on the grip.... Fired less 100 rounds. Still looks great.. 99% black.....5 serial numbers... 2 Desert Eagle mags, I have after market mag in the gun now...Pictured here...:eek: Desert Eagle...The science of KABOOM! :confused:

Attached Files:

Last edited: Mar 16, 2011
  2. dragman

dragman New Member

The older ones like this are worth a little more, but unfortunately it isn't the 50AE. I would say that you have a gun worth $800 give or take a little. I have seen them as high as $1000-1100 with box and all original goodies and have seen them as low as $700. as a private seller I would take $800 any day of the week on the open market if your sell it to a gun shop exspect $600-700 to be offered for it.
  3. Jim Hauff

Jim Hauff New Member

riddick,
    IMHO, Dragman has it right spot on - at least here in Eastern PA. Shop where I used to work sold two of these within the past 1 1/2years - one in .44Mag only - sold for $725, one with both .44Mag and .50AE set-ups sold for $1150. Both were in lightly used/ 90%+ condition; neither one had the box. The dual set was the first time I had the chance to disassemble and reassemble a DE - took some time to figure out the reassembly.
  4. the Riddick

the Riddick Former Guest

It has a little wear from in and out of a holster..at the front of the barrel...and safety lever.... I never liked the 50AE.... Hell.... one shell less when you step up from the .357 to the .44.... Then again with the 50AE.....No thanks.. I want bullets....

But at the same time... If someone was shooting a Desert Eagle at you... I don't think you'll have time to ask them... what cal. they are shooting at you... LOL....

.357...? .44....? 50AE....? Desert Eagle....being shot at you? Yea you have real life issues... Desert Eagle.. :confused: The science of KABOOM :eek:
  5. dragman

dragman New Member

definatly don't want someone shooting one at me. You gun is very nice wouldnt mind having another myself.
  6. the Riddick

the Riddick Former Guest

Cool.. I paid $1000... It's in great shape. These are really hard to find. Old ones I mean.. That people don't beat the hell out of. And if it's nice.. Collectors don't like to sell much..... Do they?

I know this....:confused:
    :eek:"I'll give you my gun when you pry it from my cold, dead hands!" :eek:

Shoot first... Ask "who was that"... When it's a done deal...
  7. the Riddick

the Riddick Former Guest

It's the first one I've owned... I didn't like them so much at first... but like that fungus that grows where you don't want it... It grew on me..

I must say..It grew so much...:confused:. It covered me... Now I love them... :eek: