The Firearms Forum banner

2 Flintlocks Pistols Inherited

1K views 9 replies 4 participants last post by  Racey 
#1 ·
Hi everyone! I have tried and tried to find these guns online but haven't been successful. I have no knowledge or experience with them so I thought I would ask for help. I have inherited these from my dad. I don't expect them to be worth much as I've seen some very ornate ones online but i would love to know how old, and where they are from if anyone can help me. My guess from looking onlne, that the first one is Italian?
Much appreciated for any help!

See less See more
#9 ·
As previously stated more pix from all sides would be a big help but with what we have here ---- the first one looks very English ca. 1800, the one below maybe Italian same period or a little earlier, having spent some time in Mid East (from the added red stone inlays & barrel band) -- apparently once a pistol of quality fallen on hard times.

First one if English should have lock plate markings (obviously removed) & proof marks on top left side of barrel opposite the lock.

#10 ·
Hi rhmc24,

6 of the pictures I uploaded aren't showing. Sorry.
So basically, they are in rough shape. I'd like to know what they are worth roughly, but I'm keeping them so it's not necessary. I'm curious why anyone would add the red stones to it. That couldn't have been easy.

My family originates from Savoy, near Italy. I was hoping it came from there, but 1800's isn't early enough.

Nice of you to help! :)

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.