1. Get Gear'd Up! Enter to WIN $1000 in gear!

Please Click Here for full details and to enter. You will need to be registered and logged in to view the details and to participate.

Thanks and good luck to everyone

2 inch 45 colt

Discussion in 'Centerfire Pistols & Revolvers' started by txpete, Feb 27, 2004.

1. txpete

txpete New Member

well went and did it today.I went out and bought a taurus 45 colt titanium w/ a 2 inch barrel.I have to carry 8-10 hrs a day and the taurus is pretty light.going to head out a shoot this weekend and give a report on the punishment.....
    pete
  2. 45Smashemflat

45Smashemflat Active Member

Post some pics and let us know how it shoots. I've seen those and the new Smith and they really intrigue me. I use a short 1911 for most days and a Ti Smith .38 otherwise - the large 45 in a revolver sounds like a good idea to me.
  3. txpete

txpete New Member

I'll see about the pics as I have a friend with a digital camera that I shoot with.
    I think with the ports and a snub nose 45 colt would make some cool pics.the owners book says to stick with 255 gr bullets at 900 fps so going to put some handloads together today.should be a handful.
    pete:)
  4. Xracer

Xracer *TFF Admin Staff Mediator*

You might want to duct tape a soft pillow to your butt! :D

See if you can get some night shots......that muzzle flash should be awesome!
  5. inplanotx

inplanotx New Member

May also want to get a good catchers mask so you don't get a case for forehead-front siteitis. :D :D :D :D :D :D

Good luck with it and let us know!
  6. txpete

txpete New Member

you guys are a hoot,got some 250 lfn .452(my cast) loaded with 8.5 grs unique in starline brass win primers.I'll give them a try tomorrow.
    they are a mild load in my vaquero but this taurus don't weigh nothing.
    flame on....
    pete
  7. txpete

txpete New Member

well put a few boxes thru the beast today (taurus 45 colt snubbie).this isn't for the timid forsure but not that bad.it does shoot some flames forward and up thru the ports.at 15 meters I didn't have a problem hitting the steel gongs and no problem with heart shots at 7 & 10 meters.I fired 115 rd's thru it today and I was ready to put it away.
    pete
  8. inplanotx

inplanotx New Member

Thanks, TxPete. Sounds like something I might add to the arsenal. I just love them half inch holes! :D :D :D :D
  9. txpete

txpete New Member

1/2 in holes by snub,single action or win 94 just seems right(in texas).you just have to love the 45 colt.
    pete