2 months to get bullets!

Discussion in 'The Ammo & Reloading Forum' started by gdmoody, May 6, 2009.

1. gdmoody

gdmoody Moderator Supporting Member

I placed the order online on 4 March, my card was charged on 15 Apr, and I received them today (5 May). Two months exactly, waiting for them!!:eek:

I got 7 boxes of various size and weight bullets from 9mm to 45-70. The box weighed about 50 pounds. I can't wait to start reloading some of them.:D
  2. army mp

army mp Member

I put an order in 3 months ago for powder and primer, called Monday the gun shop guy said they where starting to get partial orders in. so maybe there is light at the end of the tunnel. I ordered 4k primers large and small rifle & pistol. and 4pd, powder. he said he was not filling large orders yet. I did not think that was a large order. but he is a small shop with good prices.
  3. Gene Seward

Gene Seward Member

Not anything to do with reloading, but I ordered two high cap. DPMS mags in .308 on Dec. 12 and still do not have them. Also was told at Wally World yesterday they now have a 6 box limit on buying ammo. What difference does it make where it comes from so long as they get the money?
  4. gdmoody

gdmoody Moderator Supporting Member

I agree with you there, Gene. I don't think rationing is helping the situation anyway.
  5. Alpo

Alpo Well-Known Member

It's because they want you to continue to shop there.

Let's say you go in to buy a box of shells. They are sold out. "When are you gonna get more?", you ask. They come in Wednesday. Wednesday, at 9AM, you are there, but they don't have any. Someone was waiting there, when they came off the truck, at 5AM, and bought every box.

You try for a couple of weeks. Every time you go in the store, there is no ammo. No matter how much comes in, when you get there it's all gone. You're gonna start looking elsewhere. Let's say you find it at Sports Authority. So you buy at Sports Authority. When the ammo situation finally levels out, and supply catches up with demand, you are in the habit of buying at Sports Authority, so you continue to buy your ammo there. As long as you are in there, you buy your Coleman fuel from them too. Buy your bicycle inner tube there. Buy all your sporting goods needs there, because Wallyworld pissed you off by not ever having any ammo.

So, now Wallyworld has lost you as a customer. All the money that you would have normally spent there, in the future, you will now spend somewhere else, because you are annoyed with Wallyworld.

But, if they had a limit on the amount that could be bought, maybe, by the time you got there at 9AM, there would still be some there. You could not have bought as much as you wanted, but you could have bought SOMETHING.

That's the kind of stuff that people remember. That's the kind of stuff that keeps customers coming back.