200-Yard Rimfire?

Discussion in '.22-Rimfire Forum' started by Fromthehip, Feb 19, 2012.

1. langenc

langenc Member

Im going to try at 100 yards.

Id ask all 100++ yard shooters to try the USBR target at 50 yards. When you can get in the 240s, consistantly, go to 100 or 200 yards.
  2. BlackEagle

BlackEagle Well-Known Member Supporting Member

Sounds like fun. I'll have to try it.
  3. Joe M

Joe M Member

I've been shooting 200+ yard .22lr for the past 3 years now and find it one of the most rewarding and fun type of rimfire shooting I do. I enjoy it so much I just ordered and received Friday my new 1/4" thick round swingers from Quality Targets. They will replace my old home made set. I will go with a bank of three gongs at 200 yards (6", 5", and 4")... I will do like I have been in the past and shoot these new round targets from the, bench and prone.

As a side note; I did order three additional gongs for a 250 yard bank that will be - 8", 7", & 6"... Just some added fun!:)

I should mention that I shoot a Savage MKII FVT with 20MOA EGW Base, and a 6-24x42 mil-dot Tasco Target/Varmint scope. I also use a Harris bipod, and like the cheap subsonic ammo. I mainly use the Eley Sport (1085 fps - 40gr LRN). It works for me.

Here's my old bank of 200 yard metal targets, (L - R) - 5x6", 4x5" & 3.5x3.75"
    [​IMG]
    Last edited: Feb 26, 2012
  4. Zane71464

Zane71464 Well-Known Member

Nice shooting and I like that target set up Joe M!
    Good color and goes well with the background.
  5. CJ_56

CJ_56 New Member

There's one on every board.

That's a nice setup Joe. I've about shot up my spinners. I have been thinking about building my own. I might go with a setup like that.
    Last edited: Feb 27, 2012
  6. The_Rifleman

The_Rifleman New Member

Yes, there is always one that needs to take personal jabs.

I provided information you did not possess; whereas, you found fault in it when there was none.
  7. Joe M

Joe M Member

Thanks Zane and CJ... This little gong hanging setup is pretty portable to carry down range. I've always preferred a black silhouetted background over the brighter colors, but I have noticed that in the Fall - orange gongs are easier to see.
  8. CJ_56

CJ_56 New Member

Yeah I've only been shooting for 49 years. I've never learned about trans-sonic issues. I've only won 13 of the last 15 shooting contests I took part in. But YOU think you can teach me. Brilliant Mr. Connors.

I ADDED information to what you provided. But you can't accept that. I feel sorry for you. But not so sorry that I won't kill filter you immediately. So long Chuck.

I always like a bright color on my steel targets but it doesn't last long. I have to paint them about once a week because the bullets will knock a lot of paint off quick. In the fall and winter I can barely see the targets if they aren't painted either orange or white.
    Last edited: Feb 27, 2012
  9. jnc6

jnc6 New Member

We shoot 300 yds. at golf balls for fun. On a good calm day you can hit pretty consistantly. We use a piece of soda can in the bottom of the rear scope mount to make it adjustable to that range. It is a little crude but it works and it doesn't cost anything.
  10. CJ_56

CJ_56 New Member

I have the same setup with my scope jnc6. If you cut the piece of the can right it can't be seen under the mount.