1. Get Gear'd Up! Enter to WIN $1000 in gear!

Please Click Here for full details and to enter. You will need to be registered and logged in to view the details and to participate.

Thanks and good luck to everyone

200-Yard Rimfire?

Discussion in '.22-Rimfire Forum' started by Fromthehip, Feb 19, 2012.

1. langenc

langenc Member

Im going to try at 100 yards.

Id ask all 100++ yard shooters to try the USBR target at 50 yards. When you can get in the 240s, consistantly, go to 100 or 200 yards.
  2. BlackEagle

BlackEagle Well-Known Member Supporting Member

Sounds like fun. I'll have to try it.
  3. Joe M

Joe M Member

I've been shooting 200+ yard .22lr for the past 3 years now and find it one of the most rewarding and fun type of rimfire shooting I do. I enjoy it so much I just ordered and received Friday my new 1/4" thick round swingers from Quality Targets. They will replace my old home made set. I will go with a bank of three gongs at 200 yards (6", 5", and 4")... I will do like I have been in the past and shoot these new round targets from the, bench and prone.

As a side note; I did order three additional gongs for a 250 yard bank that will be - 8", 7", & 6"... Just some added fun!:)

I should mention that I shoot a Savage MKII FVT with 20MOA EGW Base, and a 6-24x42 mil-dot Tasco Target/Varmint scope. I also use a Harris bipod, and like the cheap subsonic ammo. I mainly use the Eley Sport (1085 fps - 40gr LRN). It works for me.

Here's my old bank of 200 yard metal targets, (L - R) - 5x6", 4x5" & 3.5x3.75"
    [​IMG]
    Last edited: Feb 26, 2012
  4. Zane71464

Zane71464 Well-Known Member

Nice shooting and I like that target set up Joe M!
    Good color and goes well with the background.
  5. CJ_56

CJ_56 New Member

There's one on every board.

That's a nice setup Joe. I've about shot up my spinners. I have been thinking about building my own. I might go with a setup like that.
    Last edited: Feb 27, 2012
  6. The_Rifleman

The_Rifleman New Member

Yes, there is always one that needs to take personal jabs.

I provided information you did not possess; whereas, you found fault in it when there was none.
  7. Joe M

Joe M Member

Thanks Zane and CJ... This little gong hanging setup is pretty portable to carry down range. I've always preferred a black silhouetted background over the brighter colors, but I have noticed that in the Fall - orange gongs are easier to see.
  8. CJ_56

CJ_56 New Member

Yeah I've only been shooting for 49 years. I've never learned about trans-sonic issues. I've only won 13 of the last 15 shooting contests I took part in. But YOU think you can teach me. Brilliant Mr. Connors.

I ADDED information to what you provided. But you can't accept that. I feel sorry for you. But not so sorry that I won't kill filter you immediately. So long Chuck.

I always like a bright color on my steel targets but it doesn't last long. I have to paint them about once a week because the bullets will knock a lot of paint off quick. In the fall and winter I can barely see the targets if they aren't painted either orange or white.
    Last edited: Feb 27, 2012
  9. jnc6

jnc6 New Member

We shoot 300 yds. at golf balls for fun. On a good calm day you can hit pretty consistantly. We use a piece of soda can in the bottom of the rear scope mount to make it adjustable to that range. It is a little crude but it works and it doesn't cost anything.
  10. CJ_56

CJ_56 New Member

I have the same setup with my scope jnc6. If you cut the piece of the can right it can't be seen under the mount.