2009 Charter Arms Undercover Lite .38 spcl

Discussion in 'Technical Questions & Information' started by yetiman, Jan 1, 2012.

1. yetiman

yetiman New Member

I just got a surprise present for my birthday. A model 53820 .38 spcl. It came with a box of +p ammo (50 rounds) but after looking at the owners manual it says they don't recommend these rounds in this gun. I looked at their website and they have this same model # listed for the +p.....I don't plan on using this gun a lot and don't have another gun this ammo would fit so I would like to think I can shoot this one box w/o any problems.....thoughts?
  2. Skipper

Skipper Member

3. yetiman

yetiman New Member

Lol, thanks. Had already done that but didn't figure I would hear from them today....
  4. Skipper

Skipper Member

From what I've seen about the #53820, it's supposed to be +P rated. That is........until that cylinder release gets a hold of your thumb!
  5. carver

carver Moderator

DAV, Deep in the Pineywoods of East Texas, just we
    It should stand up well under 1 box of +P ammo. I shoot reloads in mine for practice, and training. Then load up with +P's for SD carry.
  6. yetiman

yetiman New Member

Thanks guys, it was such a nice day we had to go out and shoot. I don't know much about Charter Arms but felt good and they do have a lifetime warranty......of course that might not be a good thing.
  7. Double D

Double D Administrator Staff Member Supporting Member

I bought a charter arms 38 back in the mid 80s and have fired just about everything thru it over the years. I still have that gun and I keep it close by every day. They may be somewhat inexpensive revolvers, but they are dependable revolvers that will give you a long time of good service and they have good customer service as well.