1. Get Gear'd Up! Enter to WIN $1000 in gear!

Please Click Here for full details and to enter. You will need to be registered and logged in to view the details and to participate.

Thanks and good luck to everyone

2009 Charter Arms Undercover Lite .38 spcl

Discussion in 'Technical Questions & Information' started by yetiman, Jan 1, 2012.

1. yetiman

yetiman New Member

I just got a surprise present for my birthday. A model 53820 .38 spcl. It came with a box of +p ammo (50 rounds) but after looking at the owners manual it says they don't recommend these rounds in this gun. I looked at their website and they have this same model # listed for the +p.....I don't plan on using this gun a lot and don't have another gun this ammo would fit so I would like to think I can shoot this one box w/o any problems.....thoughts?
  2. Skipper

Skipper Active Member

3. yetiman

yetiman New Member

Lol, thanks. Had already done that but didn't figure I would hear from them today....
  4. Skipper

Skipper Active Member

From what I've seen about the #53820, it's supposed to be +P rated. That is........until that cylinder release gets a hold of your thumb!
  5. carver

carver Moderator

DAV, Deep in the Pineywoods of East Texas, just we
    It should stand up well under 1 box of +P ammo. I shoot reloads in mine for practice, and training. Then load up with +P's for SD carry.
  6. yetiman

yetiman New Member

Thanks guys, it was such a nice day we had to go out and shoot. I don't know much about Charter Arms but felt good and they do have a lifetime warranty......of course that might not be a good thing.
  7. Double D

Double D Administrator Staff Member Supporting Member

I bought a charter arms 38 back in the mid 80s and have fired just about everything thru it over the years. I still have that gun and I keep it close by every day. They may be somewhat inexpensive revolvers, but they are dependable revolvers that will give you a long time of good service and they have good customer service as well.