2010 Vietnam Helicopter Pilot's Assoc. - San Diego, CA

Discussion in 'VMBB General Discussion' started by Snakedriver, Jun 29, 2010.

1. Snakedriver

Snakedriver New Member

About a thousand of my fellow Vietnam helicopter pilots with their families and I will be getting together this week on July 2nd, 3rd, & 4th at the Marriott Hotel @ Seaport Village in San Diego, CA. All are welcome to come and help us celebrate the 4th of July with our friends & Veterans to show our appreciation to this great Country for the freedoms we enjoy.

If you or any of your family were involved in flying helicopters in Vietnam from 1961 to 1975 we especially want to see you! Crew members too, we love you all for your part in keeping us in the air. All service branches and countries serving in Vietnam will be represented. We currently have about 11,000 members active in the VHPA.

Of course drinking, celebrating and telling war stories will be the rule of the day. If you've got some stories to tell come on by. :)

Attached Files:

2. rooter

rooter *VMBB Senior Chief Of Staff*

Marty Robbins old hometown, Glendale Arizona--a su
    BEST WISHES TO ALL YOU BRAVE AND HEARTY SOULS...I HITCHED MANY A RIDES AROUND THE CIRCUIT, MAINLY DURING MY SECOND TOUR OF DUTY FROM DANANG UP TO OUR ROCK CRUSHING SITE AT PHU LOC AND BACK ...NEVER HAD A HAIR HARMED, HOWEVER THERE WERE SOME HEADS-UP INSTANCES...THANK YOU ALL FOR YOUR SERVICE TO OUR COUNTRY...CHIEF
  3. 199er

199er New Member

Wishing the best this 4th of July Snakedriver. Nothing better than spending time with those you served in combat with and honoring those that gave so much.

I know that hotel will be full of crossed sabers and Cav Stetons..................have a great VNPH Reunion Snakedriver!!!!
  4. Snakedriver

Snakedriver New Member

Thanks 199er I'm looking forward to it. I've been doing this Reunion on the 4th of July every year for about 20 years now. It's in a different city around the country each year, so it's been a good way to see places we may not have gone otherwise. Next year it will be in Orlando, FL so it will be closer to home for me.

It's so nice to be together with such a fine bunch of guys that all shared a common experience. The war stories get better each year! Apparently we were all a cross between John Wayne, Audey Murphy and Rambo all rolled up into one neat package. :D

..........and being a Cav. guy, I'll have my black Stetson on with the crossed sabre emblem on the front. :cool:
  5. 199er

199er New Member

Don't forget these................

!BgFFngQ!2k~$(KGrHqUOKkMErzZBQJqgBLD0c3sU!Q~~_35.jpg
  6. Snakedriver

Snakedriver New Member