1. Get Gear'd Up! Enter to WIN $1000 in gear!

Please Click Here for full details and to enter. You will need to be registered and logged in to view the details and to participate.

Thanks and good luck to everyone

>22 ammo Not Ejecting

Discussion in '.22-Rimfire Forum' started by GzzV, Mar 25, 2013.

1. GzzV

GzzV New Member

Hello
    I have a 1911 .22 that the Rem ammo was ejecting on every shot, But yesterday from the first shot it stopped. I have to pull the hammer back for each shot in order to fire the pistol. I did change the recoil spring & then put the original back in & it still it is not ejecting after each shot like a auto should, Could it be the Rem ammo? Does the bullet grain weight matter. They are Rem Golden HV 36 grain.
    Thanks
  2. Alpo

Alpo Well-Known Member

Pull the hammer back, or pull the slide back?
  3. GzzV

GzzV New Member

Just the hammer I pull back & then fire the pistol. Then I pull the slide back to eject the case for the next round to go in & pull the hammer back again to fire it. It's like not a semi auto at this point.
  4. CCHolderinMaine

CCHolderinMaine Well-Known Member

Are you saying pulling the slide back isn't cocking the hammer? The gun won't eject, so you manually pull the slide back to eject the spent casing then you still have to manually cock the hammer?

There's certainly something considerable going on if that's the case. The gunsmith gurus will likely come alone with some diagnosis for you. Looking forward to it myself, it's like a mystery novel :)
  5. GzzV

GzzV New Member

The gun won't eject, so I manually pull the slide back to eject the spent casing & the hammer is cocked at that point. The pistol just won't shoot semi auto. I'm going to the smith in a few minutes to see what is going on.
  6. Curlyjoe_99

Curlyjoe_99 Member

it's probably not the ammo.

if it worked fine until you swapped the recoil spring and now it doesn't, then suspect the recoil mechanism.

it sounds like something is either out of alignment or not re-installed.

Just my thoughts
  7. RunningOnMT

RunningOnMT New Member

If not for the fact that you said you reinstalled the original spring, I'd guess the new recoil spring was too heavy for whatever load you are shooting. That not being the case, exactly what Remington ammo are you shooting? Many .22 pistols need high velocity ammo. Before you start tearing into it, I'd suggest trying another ammo like CCI Minimags. Another possibility is that you are limp wristing the pistol. You need a firm grasp to insure proper cycling.
  8. Fatstrat

Fatstrat Well-Known Member

My guess it is the Remington ammo. Remington .22 ammo has some kind of waxy stuff on it that gums up semi auto's.
  9. Alpo

Alpo Well-Known Member

All lead bullets have that waxy lube on 'em. But he does say Remington Golden Bullets, and they are metal washed, not waxed, so that should not be the problem.
  10. GzzV

GzzV New Member

I just spoke to Umarex & they said Remington ammo causes problems with ejecting. He told me to try CCI, Federal or Winchester. So that's what I will do. Thanks for all the replies, I appreciate it.
  11. Fatstrat

Fatstrat Well-Known Member

In my experience, Remington .22 ammo is or was slathered in it. I quit using it years ago, so can't comment on current status.
  12. JUNKKING

JUNKKING Active Member

Ruger actually sent me 2 new magazines awhile back when the lady asked if I was using Ram golden Bullet I said yes she said thats your problem Since I got the new magazines I havent had a problem. The old mags still work with any other bullet also.
    I recently bought a Sig Sauer 1911 22 and it will run great with a 40 gr bullet any of the 36gr I tried just wont work well. I have ftf fte stove piping bullets mashing into the feed ramp etc... Try a 40 gr bullet and see how that works out for you.
  13. GzzV

GzzV New Member

Umarex said the same thing as you. The 36 grain isn't reliable they said with my pistol. The Rem ammo shot for the first 200 rounds & then just stopped feeding correctly. I am going to buy different amm with a 40 grain bullet like they suggest.
    I also just bought a Sig 1911 .22 OD Green!
  14. JUNKKING

JUNKKING Active Member

I know this is a bad time to suggest ammo due to not being able to find what you want but to get what they have. I had some 40gr Blazer by CCI black Box. those ran through my gun like they were made for it. JLA also explained something to me. The 36gr are normally hollow points or I forget the word he used but more like a cone shape. He mentioned the shape of the bullet may be what the problem was. The Blazer that ran good were round nose. GL
  15. GzzV

GzzV New Member

Junkking

I just bought a box today of Blazer 500 rounds, 40gr. The 36gr Remington hollow points were the bullets I was using & were not ejecting at all, Not one ejected. Hope these work

Attached Files:

Last edited: Mar 25, 2013