.22 amo

Discussion in 'The Ammo & Reloading Forum' started by younggun28, Nov 27, 2008.

1. younggun28

younggun28 New Member

some one told me that there is some kinda bird shot for 22s he ses that it is little blue shot cased in thick plastic or somthing like that does any one now of this
  2. pinecone70

pinecone70 Active Member

CCI makes shotshells like that. I was told not to put too many of them through the gun because the plastic might gunk things up eventually. Shotshells come in solid brass casings too, I have those and they're fun.
  3. carver

carver Moderator

DAV, Deep in the Pineywoods of East Texas, just we
    CCI does make the shoot shells you are talking about. They make them for most hand gun calibers from .22 to .44. However, they are not bird shot, they are snake shot, #12sized shot to be exact. They are worthless beyound 15 - 20 feet. They work well on mice, and snakes because you can get up close to them. They will kill a bird, if you can get that close.
  4. pinecone70

pinecone70 Active Member

My CCI box just says 'pest control' and it is #12 shot, 1/15oz & 31 grain. The brass I mentioned is Federal Game-Shok bird shot, also #12 but is 25 grain lead shot. I have a hard time believing either one would even take out a pigeon beyond 15 feet!
  5. pawn

pawn Active Member

The Federal Game Shok does ok; I've killed 2 rats with my MKIII pistol but I was pretty close...
  6. younggun28

younggun28 New Member

lol rats did ya shoot em in your house
  7. Thomas_1

Thomas_1 New Member

I tried them in a .38 cal in my .357. Unless your 10 to 15 feet away your not going to kill anything.
  8. younggun28

younggun28 New Member

ya im ganna by a box just to fool around with ya know what i mean shoot a couple cats here and there \

jkjk i only shoot Chihuahua's