.22 as a home defense gun?

Discussion in '.22-Rimfire Forum' started by marlin795, Aug 26, 2011.

1. hunter29180

hunter29180 Active Member

ROFL!! when we camp its usually in the deep...only other campers near would be part of our group. hate neighbors when camping! My best camp site is usually a mile or 3 from anyone else...who knows I may need to drain out all that coffe i drink in the middle of the night. and I hate waiting for use of the toilet. out where I camp the nearest bush is good enough for that!!
  2. Rhuga

Rhuga New Member

I like the .22's. Cheap to buy and cheap to shoot. I carry a Jennings .22 auto. However, I just don't feel that it will perform to expectations in a tight spot. I know I will get one shot off but, will it jam on the second? My .38 Special revolvers are very nice but, bulky to carry. I also have a .22 and .38 Special Derringer. But, only two shots leaves questions.
    Two guys broke into a senior citizens house to rob him. They beat him up and he in turn shot both of 'em in the body as they ran out the door after seeing his ".22 LR Derringer Pea-Shooter". They were later caught trying to get medical treatment. Our senior said," I would have shot them some more if I would have had more bullets!".
    I don't have a cc permit yet as I can't afford it, but I will start carrying the .22 LR Derringer until I can get a better weapon. I need to just make sure that there is an obvious intent to hurt me or my loved ones or, and that the BG's have a visible weapon in their hands. This is a grey spot in the gun laws for each state. Look at all the trouble Bernard Goetz had getting free of his self-defense charge? And he still did 8 months in jail and had to take out bankruptcy for carrying an unregistered weapon. I still think he got the royal screw!
    Last edited: Nov 10, 2011