.22 Bolt Action Suggestions

Discussion in '.22-Rimfire Forum' started by ColeW, Mar 14, 2012.

1. ColeW

ColeW New Member

I'm looking for a very affordable and accurate bolt action .22. I'd mostly be using it for plinking and fooling around outside with. Also I'm left handed so I'd need to look at a company that can accommodate for that. Anyone have any suggestions?

Thanks a lot.
  2. BulletBait

BulletBait New Member

3. time2shoot

time2shoot Well-Known Member

CZ America sells left handed .22 bolt action's. modle #452. this modle has ben replaced by the 455 american. they still have left handed rifles only, available in the 452 acording to there website.
    $451.00
    Well worth the money very very accurate.
    I own the 455 amarican combo. I love it.
    I would look into the 452. you wont be disapointed.
  4. CJ_56

CJ_56 New Member

If you could give us an idea of how much you want to spend we might be able to help more. There are lots of bolt action .22's and quite a few left handed models. I'd agree that the CZ is an excellent choice. I have a 453 myself, which is a 452 with a better trigger. I paid right at $500 for it. 452's go for around $400 in my area. Two years ago they went for about $325 though. I wanted one but apparently I wanted other stuff more because I ended up with other stuff first. My most accurate rimfire is a Savage though. It's slightly more accurate than the CZ.

If you want a great shooter for not much money at all you might look at the Savage MkII GL. Walmart sells them. You'll probably have to get them to order one though. But they are very accurate and about as cheap as it gets for a good bolt action. My Savage has a bull barrel on it which makes it slightly more accurate but it costs quite a bit more. I found a MkII GL here for $177. But you would have to pay shipping and an FFL fee to buy from there. If you get Walmart to order one for you those extra charges won't apply. Just make sure they get you one with the AccuTrigger. They sold some without it not too long ago which was a rotten thing to do. They hid that fact from customers by putting a trigger lock on the gun and they refused to take it off until you bought the gun. Then it was "surprise"! If you order one with the AT they will have to get it. I'd say you could get one there for close to that $177 price too. A really good bolt action isn't going to be any cheaper than that especially since you need a left handed model.
  5. CHW2021

CHW2021 Member

+ 1 for the Savage. Look around and see what you like and have fun.
  6. bamajoey

bamajoey Well-Known Member

I would say if you want a good shooter get either a CZ or Savage. If you want a good shooter with good fit and finish, go with the CZ. It costs more but well worth it. It's best if you handle both of them, then decide. Also, google "Savage 22lr vs CZ 452lr" and see what everyone else has to say.:thumbsup:
  7. ColeW

ColeW New Member

Thanks a lot for the responses. The Savage mkII and the CZ are actually the two rifles I was looking at before starting this thread. I didn't mention that because I wanted some uninfluenced answers. After what you guys have said I think I will be leaning more toward the Savage. It's a gun I'll probably be spending a lot of time outdoors with so the nicer finish isn't worth that $200+ dollars to me.

Again, thanks for the suggestions