22 cal ammo

Discussion in 'The Ammo & Reloading Forum' started by ibtrukn, Jun 9, 2009.

1. ibtrukn

ibtrukn New Member

How much is it going for in yur neck of the woods and is it hard to get??:cool:
  2. Trouble 45-70

Trouble 45-70 New Member

Last I bought was in Wallnut Ridge, Ar. about a month ago was about $15 for 550 at Wallmart. First I've seen since Oct. havn't seen any since. Found some primers the last 6 weeks.
  3. Snakedriver

Snakedriver New Member

The Walmarts here have been doing a pretty good job of keeping Federal 550 bulk packs in stock around here. They sell them for about $14 ea.:)

Bass Pro is the worst gougers I've seen. They want nearly $9.00 for a 100 pack of ,22 LR CCI Mini-Mags. They usually have a pretty good supply of ammo on-hand because most people around here aren't stupid enough to to pay their crazy prices. :mad:
  4. pinecone70

pinecone70 Active Member

I've gotten Blazers for $16.99/brick here, which is the better deal. The local gun shop has Federals for $19.99 but I won't pay that.

It's so sad.
  5. DKA

DKA New Member

Bought 2 Bricks of Federal (550) for $13.47 @ local Wal Mart, last Friday.
  6. doug66

doug66 New Member

Have not seen any "cheap" 22 ammo in our local WM's since before Christmas. I did buy 1500rds of Winchester Wildcats on inauguration day, from a sporting goods store where I buy reloading components. They were $23 a brick. I'd rather shoot Wildcats, Lightnings or Blazers than bulk pack stuff. Bulk ammo seems to have a lot of duds.
  7. starman

starman New Member

Walmart in OKC, OK is still around $13 to $14 a brick depending on brand, Fed or Win
    Only thing is you must get there early and be in the front of the line to get.
    They probably think I'm an employee the way I drop in every morning at 7am
    I agree about Bass Pro they're getting $20 a brick and believe it on not I've seen 125 bricks go in one day.
  8. armedandsafe

armedandsafe Guest

I've about 5000 rounds in stock, even after the Shoot 'n' Hoot up on Manastash Ridge last week. I haven't been looking, but now I think I need to restock.

Pops
  9. johnlives4christ

johnlives4christ Former Guest

walmart is empty here...... local gunstores have some, but not the cheap stuff.
  10. Southern Boy

Southern Boy New Member

Still 15.00 or so round here, so i have been buying bricks every so often for my kids and grandkids one day I guess. The good .22mag suff is steady climbing though. Wish i could reload it.
  11. JLA

JLA Well-Known Member

bought a thousand rounds of Xpert HV last night at wally world. 28 dollars worth...