.22 cal.rev, 410 shotgun?

Discussion in 'The Ask the Pros & What's It Worth? Forum' started by chuckster, Sep 28, 2006.

1. chuckster

chuckster Member

My brother-in-law came across these two guns in Cal. He called me & I told him I would try to find out more info.
    .22 cal revolver H Schmitd osteim rhden
    Made in West Germany for Walker International
    Detroit Mi. #498511

.410 shotgun side by side
    el faisan-elgoibar (espana)
    #17 on trigger guard

This is all I know right now. Just wondering if anyone has heard of these & maybe a ballpark value.

Thanks in advance
    Chuck
  2. Red Neck64

Red Neck64 Former Guest

About the handgun I know nothing.But a 410cal SXS are at a premium.
  3. teaman888

teaman888 New Member

WASNT JANET RENO RESPOSIBLE, MAYBE A DEMOCRATE OR TWO ?
  4. 22WRF

22WRF Well-Known Member

Herbert Schmidt of Ostheim an der Rhon Germany. Schmidt has marketed firearms under a long list of trade names in Europe and the USA including Deputy Marshal, EIG, E8, PIC, Geroco, Madison, Bison, Omega, RG, AMCO, Spesco, Valor, Liberty, LA's Deputy, Liberty Scout, Deputy Magnum, Deputy Adjuster, NATO, Western, Burgo Mod 21, Gecado Model 21 , Indian Scout, VOL, Eusta, Cheyenne Scout, Texas Scout, and Buffalo Scout. Schmidt's principal pattern was a western-style .22 revolver with either no ejector and a removable cylinder arbor, or with a rod ejector beneath the barrel. All Schmidt revolvers have the maker's name stamped into the lower edge of the butt grip frame, visible when the grips are removed. Schmidt revolvers were widely sold in the USA before the passing of the Gun Control Act of 1968

Value $40 to $50
  5. wonderwhippet

wonderwhippet Active Member

In other words, a junker!
  6. lead

lead Active Member

The Schmidt made revolvers don't command much value, but I have seen some that still shot well. For just plinking it might do fine.
    The .410 double you listed is a Spanish made shotgun (espana = Spain). I'm not sure about the rest of the marks you listed. There were some Spanish madeguns that were so-so quality, but there were some that were excellent. See if you can get us a little more detail. .410 doubles do tend to bring higher prices. If possible, a picture would really help.
  7. Red Neck64

Red Neck64 Former Guest

Janet Reno,Was Attorney General and gave orders to the ATF and the FBI.Reno the criminal bitch got away with many counts of Manslaughter and Murder.The ATF blew Vicky Weavers head off while holding her new baby,and shot her 13 year old son in the back and killed him.

All this under the fog of firearm violations off topic I know.