.22 CCI CB LONG

Discussion in 'The Ammo & Reloading Forum' started by big steve, Dec 31, 2009.

1. big steve

big steve New Member

I know that sometimes .22 cci cb longs do not work with semi automatic rifles. I have the remington 597 and was wondering if anyone knows if the cci cb long or short will work with the remington 597??????
    Any and all help is appreciated
  2. ponycar17

ponycar17 Active Member

The accuracy is very unpredictable with CB Long rounds (also likely .22 CB short rounds) in a .22 semi-auto. The rounds will not eject properly and will lose some velocity as the bolt retracts and changes the chamber pressure from round to round. As such, the muzzle velocity will be erratic and cause unpredictable drop. CB rounds are not tack drivers anyway. Cycling them in a semi-auto adds another element of unpredictability.

Also, they will not eject from any semi-auto that I know of, so cycling the bolt by hand is mandatory. I bought a bolt action Savage Mark II at a gun show for $125 2 years ago because I wanted to shoot CB's accurately. The bolt action brings the CBs closer to something that I can call semi-accurate. Personally, I prefer the Remington 22 CBee's to the CCI 22 CB's. :D

Here's a review I did on the Remingtons... :D

http://www.thefirearmsforum.com/showthread.php?t=57580&highlight=CBee
  3. mr.t7024

mr.t7024 Member

ponycar17b is correct.U can try it, but u will prove us right.:D
  4. big steve

big steve New Member

Thank you very much. And are you saying that these will work in a semi auto rifle??????
  5. ponycar17

ponycar17 Active Member

No, they will not be reliable in a semi-auto, and may not cycle at all. They are however a good upgrade to CCI CB's in impact effectiveness. You really need a non semi-auto for cycling the low velocity stuff effectively. :)
  6. Oneida Steve

Oneida Steve Active Member

CCI CB longs will definitely not cycle a Remington 597. They won't cycle a Ruger 10/22 or a High Standard target pistol either. They are just too low-powered.

Stick to LR ammo for your Remington.
  7. big steve

big steve New Member

yea i didnt think they would cycle thats why i asked and thanks all for your help