1. Get Gear'd Up! Enter to WIN $1000 in gear!

Please Click Here for full details and to enter. You will need to be registered and logged in to view the details and to participate.

Thanks and good luck to everyone

.22 effectivness

Discussion in 'Self Defense Tactics & Weapons' started by Col.Kilnk, Nov 10, 2005.

1. DWARREN123

DWARREN123 New Member

Use what you have. For a .22 long rifle use Stingers from CCI.
  2. stash247

stash247 New Member

Bill, ThreeGun, I never said or meant to imply that the .22LR was optimal, only, that with proper shot placement, adequate.
    Given the opportunity to 'move up' in caliber, bullet weight, and energy, the choice is obvious.
    But, to go to the original question, a 10-22 with a full mag, and a practiced operator, would seem to be more than enough, if there were three or less "bad guys", on the scene!
    Personal choice of a home defense weapon is an Ithaca M-37, 18 1/2 ", cyl bore, in the laundry closet, stuffed full of #9 shells: It always works, and leaves a big signature, even up close and personal.
    As I was taught, years ago, at Camp McCall, "Adapt, improvise, and overcome"
  3. meandmy45s

meandmy45s New Member

Only Hershey's kisses and lying women would have you believe size doesn't matter. If you only have a .22 that is better than nothing and can be effective with well placed shots, but I wouldn't wager my life on it. Get a bigger caliber when you have the money and time to become proficient with it.

"In the land of the blind, the one-eyed man is king."
    Last edited: May 3, 2006
  4. Bernie109

Bernie109 Former Guest

Mine is a mini revolver in .22 mag. I would advie you get the aftermaket grips, it will add some accuracy to the weapon. I never actually had to use mine but one time, while I was on a motorcycle trip and was asleep next to my bike, I woke up to find some guy going through my pockets. That .22 mini mag apparently looked mighty big when it was pointed in his face!