22 for girlfriend ( 1 2 )

Discussion in 'Informational & Technical Archives' started by ruffitt, Feb 24, 2003.

1. ruffitt

ruffitt *TFF Admin Staff* In Heaven Now

Bulls I
    (2/19/02 12:50:28 pm)
    | Edit | Del All .22 for girlfriend
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Does anyone have any suggestions as to what would be a good, cheap, reliable .22 pistol for a first time woman shooter. My girlfriend is too scared to start with a .40 so we'll start small.

AntiqueDr
    *TFF Senior Staff*
    (2/19/02 1:09:56 pm)
    | Edit | Del
    ezSupporter
    Re: .22 for girlfriend
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    What's the budget?

We Buy Guns! 1 - 100, Antique or Modern!
    www.apaxenterprises.com

Bulls I
    (2/19/02 1:11:34 pm)
    | Edit | Del Re: .22 for girlfriend
    under 300.00

AntiqueDr
    *TFF Senior Staff*
    (2/19/02 1:16:48 pm)
    | Edit | Del
    ezSupporter
    Re: .22 for girlfriend
    Ruger Mk II or Browning Buckmark. Either will do just fine.

We Buy Guns! 1 - 100, Antique or Modern!
    www.apaxenterprises.com

KimberRuger
    V.I.P. Member
    (2/19/02 1:26:22 pm)
    Ruger Mark II - you'll never regret it.

Of course, you probably can't go wrong with the Browning either, it's just that I don't have one so I can't really comment on them.

LIKTOSHOOT
    *TFF Senior Staff*
    (2/19/02 1:35:21 pm)
    Yep and WELCOME! LTS

warpig883
    *TFF Staff*
    (2/19/02 2:13:59 pm)
    Welcome Bulls I, the Ruger or the Buckmark. I'm partial to the Browning
    We can't be so fixated on our desire to preserve the rights of ordinary Americans... -- Bill Clinton, US President (USA Today, 11 Mar 1993, page 2a)

Bulls I
    (2/19/02 2:38:02 pm)
    What are the prices on each? Thanks for the responses.

Different name
    V.I.P. Forum Host
    (2/19/02 2:55:33 pm)
    WELCOME Bulls I --- TFFs a great place to be!
    Join in every chance ya get.

Choose carefully...
    "Mark II TARGET (Sturm, Ruger, & Company)

MARK II TARGET - .22 LR, 6 7/8 standard bull barrel, single action, 2 5/8 - 3 1/4 lbs. depending on barrel.
    Suggested retail: $311.00

Charlie D
    I shoot a Beretta Model 87 TARGET, 22 LR
    Check it out....

280freak
    V.I.P. Member
    (2/19/02 3:34:13 pm)
    You can hardly go wrong with either the Ruger or the Browning, IMHO. Have her try different guns to see which "feels" best to her. This can be a very subjective type thing. I tried both and decided that the Buckmark was the one for me. Just felt better in my hand. Never regretted the choice.

Xracer
    *TFF Senior Staff*
    (2/19/02 3:44:57 pm)
    Welcome Bulls I!

Yep......Ruger or BuckMark.

BTW, invite your girlfriend here too.....we can always use more female shooters on board.

twins
    V.I.P. Member
    (2/19/02 3:56:43 pm)
    Ruger

Welcome to the site.

BlackGun
    *TFF Staff*
    (2/19/02 4:39:22 pm)
    Welcome aboard! I have to go with the gang on the Browning
    Tread On Me, But, Leave My DONUT Alone! !

BlackGUN

warpig883
    *TFF Staff*
    (2/19/02 4:51:13 pm)
    Here is a link to the Buckmark rifle

browning.com/products/cat...krifle.htm

And here is the BEST feeling,BEST handling,MOST accurate .22 pistol in your price range browning.com/products/cat...ckmark.htm

Here is the one I own

Suggested retail starts at under $300.00 ,$280 I think, for the Camper model but the actual prices in the gunshops are less than the sugested retail. A standard buckmark like the picture above runs around $290.00 last time I looked. My friend just bought a nickel plus model for $330.00 and it is a fancy one

We can't be so fixated on our desire to preserve the rights of ordinary Americans... -- Bill Clinton, US President (USA Today, 11 Mar 1993, page 2a)

Edited by: warpig883 at: 2/19/02 4:53:09 pm

KimberRuger
    V.I.P. Member
    (2/19/02 5:04:43 pm)
    the photo above almost looks to be actual size

warpig883
    *TFF Staff*
    (2/19/02 5:22:41 pm)
    You must have a tiny monitor
    That photo is the Buckmark Standard. It has a 5.5 inch barrel adjustable sights and weighs 34oz. The overall length from rear of grip to front of the target recessed barrel is 9.5")

It does seem odd that the Ruger mk4 Standard weighs the same with an inch shorter barrel and fixed sights.

Edited by: warpig883 at: 2/19/02 5:25:57 pm

ibtrukn
    V.I.P. Member
    (2/19/02 5:29:59 pm)
    YO WP, u like the brownings, step up to my cased Medalist....Its only money

warpig883
    *TFF Staff*
    (2/19/02 7:33:07 pm)
    I wish I had a Medalist. They set the standard as far as I am concerned.

shooter22
    *TFF Staff*
    (2/19/02 11:16:50 pm)
    The Browning was my first pistol. I got rid of it in a state of brain failure and have regreted it ever since. Go with the Browning. The Ruger is a fine piece of work in its own right. You can't go wrong with either.

Bulls I
    (2/20/02 8:47:03 am)
    Thanks, everyone. I'm leaning towards the Browning. I'm going to check the local gun shops tonight!