.22 magnum rifles

Discussion in '.22-Rimfire Forum' started by Jake, Oct 21, 2006.

1. Jake

Jake Member

Bought the CZ 452 American, god what a jewel. Haven't got a chance to really sight it in yet but it's looking good at 50 yards. 100 yards at present is around 4 inches, but, this is after only 10 rounds total with a new scope that wasn't bore sighted. I aint complainin!
  2. keither

keither New Member

Well say hi to a new reciepient of a Mossy model 640K. Having read, i think, all of the postings i now have some questions. I am thinking about adding a scope and noted one post ie BKL offset rings?? Check a couple of gun co's and could not find any info. Would you please give me a specific address or e-mail so i can get some knowledge. Thanks
  3. trex1310

trex1310 New Member

My wife gave me a Henry (H003TM) for Christmas last year. It is a .22 magnum pump with a 20 inch octagon barrel. I used a Millett scope mount that converts the tip-off to Picatinny/Weaver. It is very accurate.
  4. dugasgunner

dugasgunner New Member

I got myself a Zastava Z-5 in WMR. Well made and inexpensive. Mine is top with a mueller APV. But of course with a CZ, you will be happy. Hope you will love WMR as much as i do.

[​IMG]
    Last edited: Nov 7, 2010
  5. Big Shrek

Big Shrek Well-Known Member

There's no better .22WMR than the Marlin 982-VS that's currently in production in America.

Except maybe a used Marlin 25MN ;)
    [​IMG]

Tack-driver doesn't even begin to describe how precise they are.
    Pick a target, prepare for one-ragged-hole groups.

Coyotes at 100-150 yards, no problem.
    My scope of choice, a Center Point 4-16x40
    Last edited: Nov 7, 2010
  6. hansom

hansom Former Guest

I do not post here a lot but i do hang out and read here a lot, i would like to add that just today i took my Marlin out to the range, it is a 883 .22 mag , in walnut stock, with 22 inch microgroove barrel with a accupoint 3x9 scope attached, i must say the thing were boringly accurate (the way i like them) at 50 yards the rounds were going through the same hole, at 100 yds it must have been an inch or so with some light gusts of wind, using the excellent CCI maxi mag 32 grain ammo, so i can attest to what the other poster posted regarding the Marlin 8 series rifles.

BTW i paid $174 for it in about 1994-5 at K-Mart when K-mart still sold guns.

I plan to use this gun for Turkeys here in Pennsylvania
  7. johnlives4christ

johnlives4christ Former Guest

marlin 925m is a contender i think
  8. Jake

Jake Member

Must report that I traded off my CZ 3 years ago for a 12 gauge o/u. Didn't shoot it much and it was gettin banged around in the safe so I parted ways with it.