22 million missing Bush White House e-mails found

Discussion in 'The Fire For Effect and Totally Politically Incorr' started by the morning light, Dec 15, 2009.

1. the morning light

the morning light Member

This should be fun! LOL

22 million missing Bush White House e-mails found

By PETE YOST (AP) – 7 hours ago

WASHINGTON — Computer technicians have found 22 million missing White House e-mails from the administration of President George W. Bush and the Obama administration is searching for dozens more days' worth of potentially lost e-mail from the Bush years, according to two groups that filed suit over the failure by the Bush White House to install an electronic record keeping system.

The two private groups — Citizens for Responsibility and Ethics in Washington and the National Security Archive — said Monday they were settling the lawsuits they filed against the Executive Office of the President in 2007.

It will be years before the public sees any of the recovered e-mails because they will now go through the National Archives' process for releasing presidential and agency records. Presidential records of the Bush administration won't be available until 2014 at the earliest.

The tally of missing e-mails, the additional searches and the settlement are the latest development in a controversy surrounding the failure by the Bush White House to install a properly working electronic record keeping system.

The two private organizations say there is not yet a final count on the extent of missing White House e-mail and there may never be a complete tally.

Meredith Fuchs, general counsel to the National Security Archive, said "many poor choices were made during the Bush administration and there was little concern about the availability of e-mail records despite the fact that they were contending with regular subpoenas for records and had a legal obligation to preserve their records."

"We may never discover the full story of what happened here," said Melanie Sloan, CREW's executive director. "It seems like they just didn't want the e-mails preserved."

Sloan said the latest count of misplaced e-mails "gives us confirmation that the Bush administration lied when they said no e-mails were missing."

The two groups say the 22 million White House e-mails were previously mislabeled and effectively lost.

The government now can find and search 22 million more e-mails than it could in late 2005 and the settlement means that the Obama administration will restore 94 calendar days of e-mail from backup tape, said Kristen Lejnieks, an attorney representing the National Security Archive.

Sheila Shadmand, another lawyer representing the National Security Archive, said the Obama administration is making a strong effort to clean up "the electronic data mess left behind by the prior administration."
  2. hogger129

hogger129 Active Member

I think it's just going to be another thing they can use to blame the last administration. I don't care what's in the e-mails and they will probably be classified for awhile.
  3. JohnBrainard

JohnBrainard New Member

How do they lose 22 million e-mails?
  4. ampaterry

ampaterry *TFF Admin Staff Chaplain* Staff Member Supporting Member

They were probably about Global Warming, and instead of being filed under C for Climate Change, they got filed under S for - -
    You get the idea.
  5. ponycar17

ponycar17 Active Member

Yep, this is another attempt to chastise the previous administration. I want to know one thing though... The current administration can flagrantly ram capitalism into the ground and destroy our economy seemingly unchecked. Why is no one calling them on their actions?... This is ludicrous. :eek:
  6. ampaterry

I honestly believe it is because so many people are afraid of open bloodshed if they come against Obama. They fear a RACE war because he is half black, or they fear a HOLY war because he is (or at least was) Muslim. Due to these two things, he is being given more leniency than any president in the history of our country.
  7. rentalguy1

rentalguy1 Former Guest

There has been a mandate that requires all emails from each president and their administrations since Reagan. I didn't even realize they had presidential email in the late 1980's. They way I understand it, the computer filing system for doing this is very intricate and the computers are programmed to do it automatically. Someone had to go in manually and turn the system off. Hey....it's Bush...of course he his stuff! He's as dirty and underhanded as Nixon was. I don't think it made a bad president (his policies in the latter part of his second term did that all on their own). I'm guessing he just thought some things were too sensitive for the American people to see, and he knew if the liberal got their hands on it, they would declassify the emails and make them public in an effort to make him look bad.
  8. rocklinskier

rocklinskier New Member

What was it the Obummer said so many times...let's see, something like:

'I don't believe in looking to the past, I believe in moving forward, to the future'

I'm paraphrasing, but something like that. The real question is, how many billions of tax dollars are being use to find these "lost emails" and to what purpose. Is there really some reason to find them, or is it just to blame someone else for the mess.

Another political ploy to dupe the American sheep
  9. GMFWoodchuck

GMFWoodchuck New Member

Gee. George Bush must have been doing an awful lot of typing. LOL

If I ever become president alot of people are going to be disappointed after my presidency ends since I delete all of my old emails.
    Last edited: Dec 15, 2009
  10. ampaterry

The president is not ALLOWED to have private e-mails???

That is contrary to the most fundamental principles upon which this nation was FOUNDED!
  11. chuckusaret

chuckusaret Member

You are correct, but the messiah has use of his Blackberry to circumvent any possibility of anyone seeing his illegal commo to his thugs.
  12. mrkirker

mrkirker New Member

Even deleted, they're still around.

"Say it with flowers,
    Say it with mink,
    Shout it from the roof-tops,
    But NEVER in ink!"

:D
  13. chuckusaret

chuckusaret Member

Hopefully Obama is not removed from office but is voted out of Office. In my little part of the US of A the natives are getting restless and the intense aggression or anger could erupt at any time. Remember he did state that he would take care of their, fuel, car payments and mortgages and their patience is drawing thin.
  14. Bobitis

Bobitis Guest

And how many millions of dollars will this cost?
    To what end?

Ooops.

Jobs created!:rolleyes:
  15. rentalguy1

rentalguy1 Former Guest

JMHO:
    1. Though it is not at the forefront of the Osama administration, I believe that these emails need to be recovered for two reasons; because it's the law, and posterity. I could care less about the former, but the latter is pretty important to me. How could we have a full and complete recording of the history of his presidency without them? It parallels Nixon's "loss" of the tape recordings during the Watergate scandal. Remember, those that do not learn from history are doomed to repeat it. I will add that those who learn from only a portion of the whole history may as well not learn at all.

2. Osama's Blackberry is even better for those of us that want to know all of his correspondence. it is controlled by a private company, and the government has no jurisdiction over it. The White House is not its own wireless provider. Oh sure, they can pass some bill, or a executive order that pushes all of his messages on this device out of public view, but if you think there isn't some enterprising you man or woman at the wireless service provider doing the old "copy and paste" of all of his messages, you're crazier than I am...