.22 Rifles with Hinged Forends

Discussion in 'Technical Questions & Information' started by CountryGunsmith, Feb 24, 2003.

1. CountryGunsmith

CountryGunsmith New Member

cointoss 2
    (1/6/02 12:59:33 pm)
    Reply | Edit | Del All Anyone Remember What .22?
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Can anyone recall what .22 had a forearm that the tip would hinge down and also you could either shoot it semi-auto or very fast. I know I remember shooting one years ago but for the life of me I really can not recall what brand of rifle or model.
    cointoss2

AntiqueDr
    Senior Chief Moderator Staff
    (1/6/02 1:00:55 pm)
    Reply | Edit | Del
    ezSupporter
    Re: Anyone Remember What .22?
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Mossberg made several models with hinged fore-ends.

We Buy Guns! 1 - 100, Antique or Modern!
    www.apaxenterprises.com

cointoss 2
    (1/6/02 1:09:38 pm)
    Reply | Edit | Del Re: Anyone Remember What .22?
    AntiqueDr this was about 40 years ago maybe, what I can recall it had a selector also.
    cointoss2

AntiqueDr
    (1/6/02 1:13:27 pm)
    Reply | Edit | Del
    ezSupporter
    Re: Anyone Remember What .22?
    The Mossbergs are that old and older, but no full-auto selectors....
    We Buy Guns! 1 - 100, Antique or Modern!
    www.apaxenterprises.com

cointoss 2
    (1/6/02 1:19:27 pm)
    Thanks Doc, maybe senility has finally manifested itself in my brain!
    cointoss2

Xracer
    (1/6/02 10:07:05 pm)
    You're probably thinking of the Mossberg Model 352 Carbine. Semi-auto, 7 shot clip (box magazine), hinged forearm.

I had one of these, and it was a sweetie!
  2. rknm88

rknm88 New Member

Hi, just bought a paratrooper model. has a folding stock, hinge front, etc. I searched for some info, can find they were out in 1963. Can anybody tell me about this model, with the fold up stock. It appears to be a model 352k, not kla.... thanks!!!! fyi, it is to be abvle to shoot 7 rounds in less than 2 seconds according to 1963 ad i found....
    Last edited: Sep 28, 2008
  3. rict

rict New Member

I've got the Mossberg 352 KB, which fits that description. Mine is MINT condition, just like when I got it for Christmas back in the late '60's. Nice accurate rifle; I'll see if I can post a pic in the next few days.

Only problem I've had with it is that it EATS firing pins; after a certain amount of rounds, the firing pin breaks at the little "notch". I've replaced the pin several times now, and I have a few spares that I keep...

rict
  4. rict

rict New Member

Here's a couple of pics of my 352 KB I mentioned in a previous post:

Attached Files:

5. skipm

skipm New Member

I have a Mossberg 342K that has basically the same stock but is a bolt action.
  6. dsv424

dsv424 New Member

I have the 352 KB model and love the rifle(was given it by my father) and am having the same problem with firing pins breaking. In the last year I had it replaced twice. Since it cost between 80 - 100 dollars to have done I was wondering if someone could tell if it is very difficult to replace myself? I have found the pin for less than 20 bucks so I could save alot if I could do it myself.