22 Rimfire Hammer Breach

Discussion in 'Curio & Relics Forum' started by sag, Dec 22, 2005.

1. sag

sag New Member

I have an old 22 caliber rifle which I believe is foreign made with an octagonal barrel and maple stock. The hammer on the gun is fairly huge compared to the other gun components with the hammer acting as the entire breach for the gun. When loaded and cocked, the entire end of the cartridge is exposed. The hammer has a verticle raised area in the center where it strikes the bullet when fired. A small manual bullet ejector block us used via a small handle on the right side of the gun to remove the cartride once fired. The hammer is very tall and has a Vee cut into the middle of it to prevent it from obscuring the rear sight when shooting. There are a few letters and numbers stamped into the barrel, but no real manufacturers name or dates. The marks consist of a star with the letters A S beneath it. There also appears to be a circle with the letters E L G inside it with the letter E being above the L G. There is also the number S374 on the barrel. I have had no luck finding out any info on this gun, so if anyone knows of one like this I would like know any detail available. Thanks
  2. 22WRF

22WRF Well-Known Member

Sounds like a Belgian Warnant Garden Gun. Would be 6mm not 22.
    The proof mark circle with the letters E L G inside make it Belgain
  3. user_error

user_error New Member

Sure would be easier with a pic...
  4. 22WRF

22WRF Well-Known Member

Does your action look any thing like this????

Attached Files:

Last edited: Dec 22, 2005