The Firearms Forum banner

.22 Target shooting...

4K views 30 replies 8 participants last post by  Remington597 
#1 ·
Weather was warm, but sunshine was scarce. The wind was blowing across at 10-15 mph...

The Targets at 50 yds...

Attachments

See less See more
#6 ·
...and for those who haven't tried it! Here's the Black Death Challenge Target. The idea is to get 5 shots in the white for score, it's supposed to hone yer shootin' skills...I can see how! Here's the link to download the Target!

Black Death Target

Here's my try at it...Gave up after awhile, I was shooting all three rifles at it...;)

Attachments

#16 ·
Cud be, there's some other sleepers in the barn.
Don't know if'n my old Stevens will make weight, but, since it's over 100 years old, it oughta qualify, anyhow!
Would be fun to shoot the ol' crowbar 'gainst all them modern guns.
In all sincerity, the "Black Death " target is a re-hash of the BR50 "worst edge" scoring, wherein, the shooter gets the lower score, of a number of concentric rings.
Just the same, I LIKE IT! If ever there were a criteria for selling some of my guns, this is as impartial and objective as it gets.
If they make the cut, they stay, if not, any buyers???

#19 ·
Ya know, I'll have two days up at my girlfriend's camp up Noahth in Maine next weekend... And we're goin shootin!
I'll show ya'll how we shoot groups...freezing in the snow!

I'll try and get up some iron sighted pistol targets for ya'll. I'm really gettin better at that sucker!
And I'll see what I can do to get some rested rifle groups up. No promises though... It's too cold and yucky to be sittin in any field for half an hour!

_z

#22 ·
I tried that match lighting thing last year at 50 yards. I could shoot the sides off, the tip off, the whole head off...but I never got one to light. Best I ever got was a puff of smoke and a blackened match head, but I never got one to light. Then my wife told me I was useing "strike on box matches". Not sure if that would make a difference or not but I'm gonna try the strike anywhere matches next time.

#23 ·
If you use "strike on box" matches, you have to wrap your bullets in the brown sandpaper found on the side of the box. I find that this is detrimental to accuracy and really fouls up the rifling in my 10/22. :p

Here's another "show trick" to try. I watched a trick shot in USO show, using a old 39A with iron sights, put three playing cards in a vice and shoot at them edge-wise.

He called the cards, and peeled off the left one, then the right one, then the last. This was from something like 50 feet or so. I was impressed!

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.