22 WMR Ammunition

Discussion in 'The Ammo & Reloading Forum' started by HECKATHORN, Dec 3, 2012.

1. HECKATHORN

HECKATHORN New Member

Deciding the best ammunition to use? Can be tough but let's find out? Hey, trying to fin out what the best in your opinion of course is the best 22 WMR ammunition? I use both the 45 grain CCI Maxi mag HP and hornadys 30 grain VMAX both at stellar ammo I push between the two the hornady. What's you opinion and what do you most offer use for beat result. Take in mind the game you generally hunt. image.jpg
  2. aa1911

aa1911 Active Member

The only .22 mag I have now is my little NAA PUG revolver with a 1" barrel; Hornady makes a 45gn polymer tip that is designed for this gun but I've yet to find any yet.

Remington (historically the most innacurrate .22 LR ammo) ironically makes the best .17 HMR ammo so I use remington polymer tips mostly for .22 mag, followed by CCI's stuff. So anything by Rem/CCI gets my vote.

I shoot Winchester Dynapoints for 'practice' ammo, it's still the cheapest out there.
  3. ozo

ozo Well-Known Member

Any 22WMR I shoot, pistol or rifle,
    works flawlessly....no matter which.
    Brand or otherwise.
    For a rimfire round, it all seems
    good quality.
  4. GunnyGene

GunnyGene New Member

I tried out the Hornady in my Win 9422m and like it a lot. A little pricey for plinking. About $8 for 50rds here. Normally shoot the CCI Maximag jhp, which is also a good round.
  5. HECKATHORN

HECKATHORN New Member

I bought the 30 grain vmax online from gander mountain you can also get the 44 from them as well but I would or should have used midwayusa.com but gander provided me with what I wanted within 4 days of ordering free shipping. Hornady I feel have to power to fly flat and drop what you want.
  6. HECKATHORN

HECKATHORN New Member

$8 bucks for 50rds
    That's pretty cheap compared to what I paid I spent about 21 online and local stores I pay the same with the tax included
  7. ozo

ozo Well-Known Member

Then buy online :)
    About $8 per 50rounds here also.
  8. HECKATHORN

HECKATHORN New Member

Alright lol so anything specific for different game. What's the opinion
  9. GunnyGene

GunnyGene New Member

Armadillo are pretty tough. I'd suggest a solid for them; but they are slow and stupid, so a baseball bat might be your best bet.;)
  10. HECKATHORN

HECKATHORN New Member

I ain't got armadillo up here but a bat sounds fun bud lol