The Firearms Forum banner

2200 Yard Range!

2K views 5 replies 6 participants last post by  JLA 
#1 ·
Wasn't sure where to post this, so here it is!

Mammoth Cave in Park City, KY has partially opened Rockcastle Shooting Canter! I don't know many details about this place, but I've heard it's amazing!

Ranges up to 2200 yards (1.25 miles) with plans for longer in the near future. I think they charge $10 an hour which sounds a little steep to me, but with no competition in the area I guess they can get away with it! The long range sites are set up with 10" gong style targets.

As I said, I don't know much, but I'm only 25 miles south of the range, so as I learn more I'll be glad to post it! Here is an article in our local paper from late July 2010.
http://bgdailynews.com/articles/2010/07/27/features/features2.txt

I have not been there to see, so if anyone in the area has, a report would be nice!

Thanks and Happy Shooting!

#2 ·
Sounds like a great place. Considering what they have to offer I don't think it sounds expensive at all. Lots of overhead maintaing and taxes for that much property. Don't take long to run up $10 at an indoor range.

#4 ·
If I could travel I would be there so fast.

#6 ·
shooooot, a .22 will shoo that far;) course the sighting system would have to attach to the rifle via 10 foot extensions...;)

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.