Discussion in 'Large-Bore/Small-Bore Rifle/Shotgun' started by rik, Jun 10, 2003.

1. rik

rik New Member

From portland

Xracer
    I'm from portland. I don't know much about min-eeee-sota, but it must be easier to find a place to target shoot out there than it is in the portland area

rik
  2. Xracer

Xracer *TFF Admin Staff Mediator*

Yeah rik.......not much place to shoot in the Portland area, you might hit a "Summer Complaint"....and that's bad for the tourist business (although I hear it's open season on 'em come huntin' season). ;)

bigboom338....I live on a small lake about 50 miles west of the Twin Cities. All we have out here is corn fields and lakes.
  3. FN_Project90

FN_Project90 New Member

Remington 700 Varmit (or police, but the police models are harder to find in .223).
    I have one in .308 I am very proud of it ask smokin' guns
    its shoots sub .5 moa, with a good shooter. @ 50 yards- 100 yards it can be a one hole gun.

cant go wrong with a good 'ole remmy 700. the varmit comes with a free floating bull barrel, with many variants, kevlar stock, wood stock, fluted, stainless, blue, parkerized (I think, the matte black), electronic trigger, normal trigger set trigger, etc.
  4. inplanotx

inplanotx New Member

I see Smokin is still "Stokin" everyone. Don't have a black gun 'cept in .308. I do have that S&W bull barrel in .223 with a Weaver T-16 on it though.

Rik:
    When I got out of the service in early 1972, I had a job with Sperry Gyroscope. I was in charge of the boat crew revamping DLG's from 5" deck guns to Terrier M missle systems. I was sent to Bath, Maine (the shipyards) and at night we use to go down to the dump, where they dumped shrimp remains from a local factory and there were at least 20 to 30 people there shooting rats from the top. Quite a lot of fun. Had bought a Marlin model 60 and went through a heck of a lot of ammo each night. It was fun hitiin them little rascals as they went from hole to hole runnin!

:D :D :D
  5. riderbob

riderbob New Member

Just west of " You sure do live a long way from
    Dang it SG !!

There you go again SG

Trying to get me in trouble with the misses. You go and call out a .223 match and I feel obligated to go and buy a new gun just to compete. How about a .22 cal centerfire match instead. Seeinz I have one of those(22-250), It might just save me some money and a marraige. LOL

Rider
  6. FN_Project90

FN_Project90 New Member

I'm thinkin of getting a .223 bolt gun perhaps a remmy model 40 bench rest gun