22LR for suppressor

Discussion in '.22-Rimfire Forum' started by SouthCentral, Nov 2, 2007.

1. SouthCentral

SouthCentral New Member

Hello all -

I've had it with my P22 and am going to get rid of it. I have a legally purchased suppressor (for the P22) and am going to keep it. I have a bunch of higher end, higer caliber pistols so I want a reasonably priced bolt action (I guess, suggestions welcomed) 22LR rifle. It will need to have a threaded barrel of course. So my questions for the forum are; what make and model rifle, are there any that can be ordered with a threaded barrel, is it illegal to have a barrel threaded by a good local machine shop and finally, since I've got my tax stamp and papers from the ATF for the suppressor, do I need to get their blessing (another $200) to do this prolect? Express you opinions as I will check with my Class 3 FFL before doing all this.

Thanks much,

SouthCentral
  2. southernshooter

southernshooter New Member

1) I don't think their are any company's that have threaded barrels, But if you went with a semi-auto you easily get a threaded barrel for a 10/22 or a any 22lr AR with the 1/2x28TPI flash suppressor threads you can also get threaded barrels for a Walther G22 rifle.
    2) Yes a machine shop could thread a barrel. And no it would not violate any laws. But if it is not just perfect it could cost you your suppressor by causing a severe baffle strike.
    3) You can put your suppressor on any possible gun you could imagine, The suppressor is registered not the gun. So you could jump between 50 guns if all of them had threaded barrels on them.
  3. SouthCentral

SouthCentral New Member

Southernshooter - Rides to my rescue again!! Brief, to the point, answers all my questions. What more could a newbie want? Thank you sir. Now the easy and then the hard parts. Selling the P22 should be no problem as I will ask very little for it. The hard part is deciding on a rifle and getting the money. One thing at a time. Thanks again 'shooter.

SouthCentral
  4. travihanson

travihanson New Member

how much you selling the p22 for southcentral? and why are you selling it? AND does the threaded barrel come with the weapon?
  5. Once again, Tanker, FLAMING AND COMMENTS DEROGATORY TO OTHER MEMBERS ARE NOT ALLOWED ON TFF! Your post above had been deleted for that reason. I suggest you take heed.
  6. Tomygun

Tomygun New Member

Re; your suppressor problem. Been there, done that. Keep your Walther P-22, Have a local gunsmith thread all the bbls. you want to fit your silencer. It is quite legal as you, like I, have the tax stamp for the suppressor. For me the only problem was that the first shot became load but I learned that after cleaning and packing with grease this no longer occurred. At present I use mine on the P-22, a Browning 6" M-Challenger, and a Ruger 10/22. More to come. Mine is a Tactical Innovations Inc. model. More on request. Tomygun
  7. bobkk

bobkk Member

CZ makes the American with a 16 inch threaded barrel. Don't know what the threads are. Probably metric if they are you can get a adapter to match your threads.