22lr pistol group size

Discussion in '.22-Rimfire Forum' started by pea shooter, Nov 1, 2010.

1. pea shooter

pea shooter New Member

What size groups are you guys shooting at 25 yds. and with what pistol or revolver and with what ammo
  2. dteed4094

dteed4094 New Member

I only shoot my Single Six about twice a year so I'm not good at handgun shooting but I can hit an 8x10 piece of paper at 50 yds with rare misses.
  3. old semperfi

old semperfi New Member

i live in southern indiana,old country boy at hear
    with my 10-22t ruger i can and do shoot dime size groups day in and day out.understand that i probably have anywhere from 800-1000.00 in my rifle.the ammo is not important,you must find what shoots best out of your gun,not out of mine.my ruger mark ll will shoot quarter size groups.it has a bull barell and some other whiz bangs in it also.i also shoot it with a scope.both groups i have mentioned are shot at a rest using sand bags.i am not a professional so i know others will shoot better than me so dont use me as a measure. old semperfi
  4. dteed4094

dteed4094 New Member

Old Semper, thats pretty dam good with a pistol from my experience. I am happy to hit paper at 50 yds off hand. Maybe with my air pistol.
  5. JLA

JLA Well-Known Member

I got a bersa thunder .22 that shoots minute of 6 inch shoot-n-see target at 25 yds. Not bad at all form a 3 inch mouse gun
  6. BillM

BillM Active Member

Hung a 3-9 rifle scope on a Ruger MkII Government Target Model once.
    Was trying to find the ammo it "liked". Had IIRC 14 different brands
    or 22 LR ammo.
    Off of sandbags at 25 yds it was pretty interesting. In MY gun---yours WILL be different----Eley Pistol Match was the winner at right around .300 for a 10 shot group. It did not like Remington Match ammo, and REALLY didn't like Aguilla sub-sonic. It did like (of all things) cheap American Eagle solids.
    Group size was right at 3/8". I went out and bought every brick of that lot
    number I could find.

Same gun, standing, two handed, iron sights, with my darned near 60 yr old
    eyes---I might hold a 3" group at 25 on a good day.
  7. johnlives4christ

johnlives4christ Former Guest

with my ruger single six i get about 1" groups at 25 yards using federal bulk. on a good day i can clean off a row of empty shotgun shells
  8. carver

carver Moderator

DAV, Deep in the Pineywoods of East Texas, just we
    Group sizes will differ from gun to gun at any distance. Then factor in the ammo, and the shooter. I have one .22 revolver that shoots OK, but then I have a Colt Woodsman, Match Target, that will make you fall in love with it every time you shoot it! 10 rounds in a gallon jug at 25 feet in just about 3 seconds!
  9. thomas44

thomas44 New Member

Browning Buckmark Hunter with Federal bulk or Winchester 333 bulk....about 2". Still experimenting and getting it broke in, but I love that pistol. 22's are so much fun !
  10. grcsat

grcsat Member

I'm using a Rusian built Vostok 22 target pistol.
    I shot five target on the paper just tryng different ammo

1-cil 25 yards
    2 rem X 25 yards
    3 stinger 25 yards
    4 win 22t 25 yards
    5----Shot at 50 yards stinger

all strings are 11 rounds per target
    Please disregaurd the date stamp on the pic. Still learning how to use this crap camera
    Forgot to mention, free hand slow fire just like in competion.

Attached Files:

Last edited: Nov 7, 2010
  11. LewiSS

LewiSS New Member

Using my Ruger Charger and a cheap BSA red-dot scope, I shoot 25 yard indoor range using CCI Mini-Mags (bench shooting - sitting and using the Charger's bi-pod) into 10-shot groups that fit under a quarter all the time. I can occasionally get that down to dime-sized groups, but often have one flier that moves it out a bit - probably me and not the ammo. I shoot the Charger with a red dot better than I shoot a Mk III with a Leupold 2X scope and trigger job I built for a friend. Not that the Mk III is bad, just that the Charger works really well for me. When I bought it I had all these plans for a custom trigger for it and lots of other work, but can't bring myself to touch the thing - anything I do will probably make it worse! Best out of the box gun I've ever bought and, without a doubt, the cheapest accuracy in a "handgun" imagineable (I think have less than $350 in the whole rig with sight and 2 extra magazines, including tax).
    Last edited: Nov 8, 2010